Holy Grail Products of the Drugstore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

With all the new drugstore launches that happened in January, I was inspired to share about my absolute, holy-grail beauty products from the drugstore. These are products I know I can count on, and ones that I come back to time and time again. Not to mention, they’re affordable! I researched the lowest prices for each product, and listed where you can find them. Here’s some of my essentials:

1. Highlighter

Maybelline Master Chrome in Molten Gold

This highlighter is one of the best when it comes to the drugstore. This formula has incredible payoff, as the metallic sheen promises that you’ll be glowing to the gods. And, it’s affordable! Pro Tip: Use this as an eyeshadow for a multi-use product!

To Buy: Target, $7.89

2. Mascara

Maybelline The Rocket Volum’ Express Mascara

I might be biased, but I think Maybelline has some of the best mascaras at the drugstore. This mascara will not only lengthen and separate your lashes, but will give you incredible volume in a rich black color. Try Maybelline’s waterproof version for a curl that will hold all day.

To Buy: Target, $5.89

3. Bronzer

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in “Bronzer”

This bronzer is my favorite bronzer of all time. When applied, it gives the skin a warm, sun-kissed glow, and the slight sheen ensures that your skin never looks dull and flat. It also smells like coconuts and the beach; an added bonus!

To Buy: Rite Aid, $11.99

4. FoundationWet n Wild Photofocus Foundation

This demi-matte foundation features a light-adjusting technology to ensure you never have a white cast in your photos. This product gives off a medium to full coverage finish, but is extremely lightweight on the skin. Pro Tip: For my oily girls out there, powder for an all day wear.

To Buy: Target, $4.69

5. Setting Spray

Pixi Beauty Hydrating Milky Mist

To achieve a non-powdery look or to hydrate your skin before applying foundation, spray Pixi Beauty’s Hydrating Milky Mist. This ultra-fine mist promises to deeply hydrate with hyaluronic acid to plump skin. This product is a must-have and is suitable for all skin types.

To Buy: Target, $15

6. Concealer

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

This concealer is a staple in my daily makeup routine, whether I am applying a full face of makeup, or just some concealer and powder on the go. This natural coverage product promises to mask blemishes, redness, and imperfections. Also a plus for sensitive and oily skin types: it’s oil-free and non-comedogenic.

To Buy: Target, $3.24

7. Eyeshadow

L’Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eyeshadow

These velvety eyeshadows are waterproof, crease-resistant and promise to stay on from morning till night; for a full 24 hours. These shadows are easy to apply and blend effortlessly. You can use them to amp up matte eyeshadow, or even blend on the lid for an easy on-the-go look.

To Buy: Walmart, $6.97  

These are just a handful of my holy-grail products from the drugstore, but are essential in my everyday makeup routine. I hope you love them as much as I do! xx