This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Going to school in LA, we’re super lucky that there’s always something to do. One of my favorite things to do is explore new nearby beach cities or towns, and stay hotels or resorts near the area. School is super stressful and we could all use a break every now and then! Whether it’s for a day outing, just a lunch, or for the whole weekend, here are the best “staycation” spots around LA – no more than 1 hour away!

Palos Verdes / Terranea Resort

This is definitely my favorite of all! Located in Rancho Palos Verdes, Terranea Resort makes you feel like you’ve teleported to a tropical island. It’s right on the water with amazing cliff views, and the resort itself is just beautiful. It’s definitely pricey, but it’s totally worth it for just a day trip for being only 20 miles away!

Huntington Beach / Pasea Hotel & Spa

Located in Huntington Beach, recently opened Pasea Hotel and Spa is the perfect spot for a chill, mini-vacay. It’s next door to tons of great shopping and dining at Pacific City, and steps away from the beach.

Newport Beach / The Resort at Pelican Hill

This resort is truly so beautiful! Newport Beach is a great spot along the coast. There’s amazing shopping at South Coast Plaza, and all of Balboa Island to explore. Pelican Hill is luxurious, but unforgettable.

Laguna Beach / Surf and Sand Resort

Laguna Beach is awesome because everything is so close to each other! Everyone is so friendly, and there’s tons of small boutiques and cafes to enjoy. Surf and Sand Resort is literally on the ocean water. It’s the furthest of them all, but so worth it.