The Best Drugstore Products for All Types of Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

While keeping up with all our assignments for classes, participating in school events and going out to parties, it often becomes a habit to not take care of our skin. Not that we don’t wash our faces (that’d be really gross and very bad), but we don’t take time to do facials, moisturize and give our face a break from wearing makeup. Also, the best face products range from about $30 to $70 depending on what you get and where you get them from. I know I can’t be the only one that wants to save money, and look and feel good at the same time! Here are a list of a few of the best drugstore face masks, face washes and everything you need to look and feel your best!

The Best Drugstore Face Masks

Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask: This natural mud mask draws out impurities with charcoal, treats and prevents acne breakouts with salicylic acid, and conditions with a botanical blend of tomato, aloe, watermelon, pumpkin, and chamomile extracts.

Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mask: This mask is great for drawing out impurities from clogged pores. This skin-refining mud mask with berry boosters goes straight to work on pores. Strawberry and Rosemary eliminate impurities, while yarrow clarifies skin for instant complexion perfection! It is great for a relaxing night in, or for a quick and easy deep cleanse to refine your skin!

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay : Clays have been used for centuries to beautify and refresh when used as a facial mask. This clay will deeply clean your pores, and it leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clear.

Formula 10.0.6 Get Your Glow On :This peel mask is perfect for revitalizing tired skin in only 5 minutes! Just apply it to your face and then peel off to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and banish any breakouts. The papaya will help to resurface skin while the citrus boots will brighten your face.

Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil COmplex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask : This face mask is perfect for deeply purifying sensitive skin while it soothes and comforts. It is enriched with skin-nourishing certified organic shea butter, damask and musk rose oil to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and refreshed. Not to mention all of Shea Moisture’s products are cruelty free! The Best Drugstore Face Washes

Blemish Controlling Apricot Scrub :This apricot scrub is perfect for exfoliating your skin with salicylic acid. It is a deep-cleaning pore cleanser that helps remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells that can lead to blackheads and unwanted blemishes.

Clearasil Rapid Action Daily Face Wash :This face wash is perfect for fast result on tough breakouts. It deposits maximum strength acne medication into your pores to fight all your pimples and breakouts.

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control : I don’t know about everyone else but when I get pimples, I tend to stress way too much. This face wash is perfect for treating acne even before it emerges. It’s a silky and creamy wash that cleans oil off your face instantly, fights unwanted breakouts, and reduces redness.

Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser: This a great cleanser for people who feel that their skin is dirty and wants a deep pore charcoal wash to feel more rejuvenated. This face wash promises to pull out 2x more dirt and oil and will leave your skin super soft and squeaky clean.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser fights and prevents breakout. Its patented pore-penetrating technology continuously prevents breakouts throughout the day.

More Great Drugstore Products

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream : This cream is perfect for people who have dry and sensitive skin! It is clinically proven to provide immediate and long lasting relief from dry and peeling skin.

Thayers Witch Hazel (Rose Petal): This alcohol-free toner is my best friend. I can honestly say my skin has improved so much with this product. It helps tighten your pores, removes all the dirt that your face wash didn’t remove and smoothes your skin without any drying. Another plus about this product is that is is paraben-free, gluten-free and of course cruelty free!

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes: These wipes are perfect for people who have sensitive skin. It gently removes all the makeup and dirt from your face without any redness. It doesn’t dry out your skin or leave any residue. Your skin is left feeling soft, hydrated and fresh.

Trader Joe’s Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub : This scrub, not to mention the great smell, is amazing! The blueberry and acai berry nutrients combined with alpha-hydroxy acids fight together to remove dry and dull skin cells and leaves your face feeling fresh, polished and vibrant.

Trader Joe’s Aloe Vera Gel : Aloe vera gel is always used to remove the redness of your sunburnt skin, which is why it is perfect to remove the redness off your face and helps deliver moisture to dry skin. It also leaves your face and skin feeling refreshed.

Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Oil : Tea tree oil is great for those stubborn and red pimples. Although it stings and has an unpleasant smell, it gets rid of your pimples in about 2-3 nights! When you use tea tree oil, you have to remember to always apply lotion on your face to prevent is from getting dry.