5 Ways to Wear a Leather Jacket for Fall in LA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Can I just say thank you today? Not because it’s the week after Thanksgiving but because it is finally acceptable to wear layers and bundle up in comfy, winter clothing. Despite the sunny skies, the high for the week is forecasted to be a nice, low 66 degrees! Hey, it’s no snow weather, but it’s close enough for me to be able to wear some leather without feeling like I have added another layer of fat to keep me warm for hibernation.

Speaking of layers, I have decided to add an edgier, sportier vibe to the cuddle zone style this fall with a variety of leather jackets and provided some affordable choices for those of you who have yet to satisfy your leather craving. So, if you are one of those people who simply continue to scroll through countless OOTDs only to think to yourself that you could never pull something like that off, fear no more as I’ve found substitutes for each outfit that lie within a reasonable college student price range. If anything, it gives you an excuse to treat yo self this holiday with some seasonal staples.

As I like to say you can never have too much of anything (except for maybe food but that’s a completely different story.)

*I would just like to preface this by saying that public outfit changes should be an Olympic sport, since these articles require a bit more than just style and some witty way with words.

Outfit #1: Shades of grey

Grey Knee High Boots + White Jeans + Blue Turtle Neck Sweater + Grey Leather Jacket + Grey Pom Pom Beanie

Outfit #2: Maroooned

White Sweater Dress + Plaid Maroon Scarf + Maroon Leather Jacket + Grey Knee High Boots + Optional Stockings

Outfit #3: There’s always green on the other side

Black Leather Boots + Green Turtleneck Sweater + Black Leggings + black and Gold Beret + Black Leather Jacket

Outfit #4: Basic Browns

Black Leather Booties + White Jeans + Copper Orange Fuzzy Sweater + Brown Leather Jacket

Outfit #5: Wrapped in Red

Black Leather Booties + Black Pencil Skirt + Striped Red Sweater + Maroon Leather Jacket + Optional Stockings

Want more ideas? The leather jacket not really your accessory of choice? Stick with me weekly for different outfits for your kind of style whether it be holiday, vintage, glamorous or anything else you can think of. You’ll never have to waste an hour of your day thinking about what to wear for the week any longer because all you’ll need to do is just click and scroll through my future updates.

By: Catheryn Mallari

Curator of film and media outside the scope of social media, hopeless romantic exploring the caveats of love with a passion for fashion (as adjusted to my version of it). If you really want to know me, just buy me a macarone (or two).   
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.