10 Music Festivals to go to Other than Coachella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Didn’t get Coachella tickets this year? YEAH, ME NEITHER. Don’t worry – you certainly weren’t alone. The Coachella 2018 general admission tickets sold out in a matter of seconds. Just to be clear, we’re not talking about days, hours or minutes, but SECONDS. You would think that for a festival expecting upwards of 250,000 people, there would be enough tickets to go around. Yet somehow, myself and hundreds of thousands of music lovers across the globe who waited in line on the Coachella website we’re exceedingly disappointed. And based off of the emotional distress I endured within the 45-minute period of waiting online in that stupid “dancing man” portal, no part of me is willing to suffer through the PTSD flashbacks just to try to MAYBE get tickets again for the spring of 2019. However, the good news is, there are plenty of amazing music festivals happening in 2018 that can fulfill the Coachella experience you and I won’t be having.

Ultra Music Festival

When: March 23rd-25th

Where: Miami, Florida

Lineup: Afrojack, David Guetta, Marshmello, Chainsmokers, Steve Aioki, Tiesto

Stagecoach

When: April 27th-29th

Where: Indio, California

Lineup: Florida Georgia Line, Keith Urban, Garth Brooks, Kacey Musgraves, Brett Young

Sasquatch!

When: May 25th-27th

Where: George, Washington

Lineup: Bon Iver, Anderson Paak, Tyler the Creator, Ray Lamontagne, Vince Staples

Governor’s Ball

When: June 1st-3rd

Where: Randall’s Island, New York City

Lineup: Eminem, Travis Scott, Halsey, N.E.R.D, Post Malone

Bonnaroo

When: June 7th-10th

Where: Manchester, Tennessee

Lineup: Eminem, The Killers, Muse, Bon Iver, Khalid

Firefly

When: June 14th-17th

Where: Dover, Delaware

Lineup: Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, SZA

Panorama

When: July 27th-29th

Where: Randall’s Island, New York

Lineup: The Weekend, Janet Jackson, The Killers, Cardi B, Daniel Caesar

Lollapalooza

When: August 2nd-5th

Where: Chicago, Illinois

Lineup: TBD

Outside Lands

When: August 10th-12th

Where: San Francisco, California  

Lineup: TBD

City LimitsWhen: October 5th-7th and 12th-14th

Where: Austin, Texas

Lineup: TBD

Natalie Farrell is a Senior at Loyola Marymount  University pursuing a double degree in Dance and Communications Studies. Along with being the President of HCLMU, Natalie was a Talent Management Intern for an entertainment agency and stylist for Free People. She is interested in the fine and performing arts indstury, journalism, and health and wellness space. Explore her porfolio below.