Why Lady GaGa Slayed Halftime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

Glitter. Crazy Choreography. Insane Stunts, and a lot of attitude. Some might say that this was one of the most anticipated super bowl halftime shows, and GaGa definitely lived up to everyone’s expectations.

First of all, her outfit, on point. A sparkly, glittery leotard with matching sparkly, glittery boots, amazing. Did you see that sparkly jacket with spikes on it? Also, sparkling football equipment? Sign me up. So clearly the word “sparkly” or even “glittery” sums up GaGa’s wardrobe for the night. One of my favorite things she did was when she slowed down her set and played ‘A Million Reasons’ she toned it down and took all the crazy gems around her eyes off. I think this just really fit the mood.

She started her performance on the roof; you heard that right, the roof of the stadium and proceeded to jump off to make her entrance to the stage. I don’t know about you but everyone at the super bowl party I was at all screamed and cheered in unison. One thing to note- when she was on top of the stadium she was using different colored drones in the sky to emulate different colored stars. When she dove into the stadium she continued with the acrobatics, while she was singing and left my mouth hanging wide open. She opened up her performance with an old favorite, Poker Face, and continued singing hit after hit that made the crowd roar with excitement. Myself, among many others were expecting her to sing songs from her latest album ‘Joanne,’ leaving out a lot of the old classics, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think it was a smart move on her part to play a lot of her old music that most people know because she was able to connect herself with the crowd better.

One thing I also took notice of was the choreography of the people who were on the field during her performance. They were all holding lights and moving, dancing and waving them around in sync and it just added the coolest effect. Even her choreography was incredible. She is truly a performer, to be able to hit some of the notes she was while executed moves like that or even being carried isn’t easy and she did it with ease. Also, the fireworks. How incredible was that? It made her performance even more powerful than it already was. After singing and dancing for thirteen minutes straight GaGa dropped the mic, literally, caught a football and jumped from the stage. What a way to conclude a performance, am I right?

Honestly, I think it’s going to be hard to top a performance like this. She gave a lot of past performers a run for their money. I don’t remember a half time show where I literally couldn’t take my eyes off the screen, not to mention I’ve already re-watched it several times. So, to super bowl half-time performers to come, good luck.

I am a third year student at LIM College studying Marketing with a concentration in cosmetics. I currently intern for ELLE Magazine and I love taking aesthetically pleasing pictures for my instagram! Follow me here: @niicoleheaney
Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.