This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

Career fair season is here. Career fairs are a gold mine of networking opportunities.

To students experiencing the career fair for the first time, to the students who need a refresher course before the big event, check out the following tips and advice. Following these steps will help you crush your next career fair, make recruiters love you, and land that perfect internship or job!

Prior To The Event

• Perfect your resume, print multiple copies
  • Do company research, know who is coming and who you are targeting
  • Plan your business outfit attire
  • Have a pen and paper for notetaking

At The Event

• Prioritize, create and follow a list of recruiters who you would like to see
  • Make sure you give a copy of your resume and get their business card
  • Know your 30 second pitch (a quick, clear explanation of your professional experience and goals)

After The Event

• Send emails to everyone you met in 24 hours
  • Connect in LinkedIn

Don’t forget to smile, listen, look the recruiter in the eye, proper body language, avoid being pushy, business cards are golden.

Thanks to LIM College Career Center!

Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.