Best 15 Dessert Spots in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

To all my fellow New Yorkers and aspiring tourists, I want to tell you about a few of my favorite dessert places here in New York City. Summer is approaching and we all not only want to eat the best food around, but to Instagram it of course. For myself, this will be the first summer that I will be living here in New York so trust when I say that I’m beyond excited. I want to experience and discover as many new places this summer as I can and just have fun! After reading this article make sure to go follow my food Instagram @shitshaunaeats to follow all the crazy fun food restaurants I will be finding so then you can get aspired to go yourself! Raise your hands girls; everyone loves food, especially dessert! Try not to let your mouth water when you read my top 15 favorite dessert spots in the big apple!

1. Big Gay Ice Cream

This is probably the best ice cream spot to go to in NYC. Way better than those ice cream trucks driving around, even though Big Gay Ice cream started off in an ice cream truck. Chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream with sea salt is by far their best seller and the best tasting.

2. Buns Bar Milkshake

Who doesn’t love a nice cold milkshake when you’re eating a burger and fries? Buns Bar is the place to go to get these ginormous creative milkshakes, towering high with all your favorite sweets.

3. Rice to Riches

The best rice pudding in New York. Get as many flavors as you want with countless toppings. Enjoy the hilarious, sarcastic signs that hang all around the shop. They really make you feel great about yourself when eating that rice pudding.

4. Wowfulls – Smorgsburg

Ice cream inside a waffle, WOW is right and FULL you’ll be after eating them.

5. Sprinkles Cupcakes

These cupcakes come in the perfect size and even mini ones. Sprinkles have their daily cupcakes as well as specials for each day, so it’s always a surprise when you go in there. They offer many ways to decorate the cupcakes if you are buying them for a special someone or occasion, as well as having a cupcake ATM right outside! How cool is that? My favorite sprinkles cupcake by far is the Salty Caramel.

6. Sugar Factory 

This is the spot to be if you want to catch a pic with a celebrity. This restaurant is filled with various types of candy, candy drinks, and desserts. Choose from one of their famous goblets that come with different candies and fruity flavors. Make sure to capture a pic when the waiter pours dry ice over your goblet and your drink starts fizzing everywhere.

7. Sugar Cookie Dough

The line is always out the door at this famous place because who wouldn’t want edible cookie dough. That’s right, it is raw cookie dough served in ice cream cones, but finally edible and safe to eat.

8. Face Cookies at Cupcake Market

Now you can get your favorite celebrities faces on a cookie. Choose from some of your favorites or pick someone you aren’t a fan of, and just eat their face. Various celebrities available.

9. Tipsy Scoop

If you’re trying to get tipsy with an added sweetness, come to the Tipsy Scoop. Here they offer ice cream infused with alcohol that you are promised to get tipsy off of.

10. Dough Donuts 

Trust me these are no Dunkin Donuts. These donuts are as big as your head and there is no way you’ll finish them in one sitting. Unless you’re me. My favorite donut is the Hibiscus or the Mocha Almond Crunch.

11. Taiyaki Ice Cream

This Japanese inspired ice cream comes in cute fish cones. The ice cream is very creamy and delicious while the cone is soft and has a gooey surprise at the end!

12. Black Tap Milkshake

The wait for this restaurant is always at least an hour but trust me these milkshakes are worth it. Bring plenty of friends along as you probably wont finish this monstrous milkshake all by yourself. Choose from a variety of toppings and flavors, the choices are endless!

13. Ice Pops – Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar

Nothing better than being able to enjoy this rooftop view with a glass of Prosecco and a fruity Popsicle inside.

14. Levain Cookies

You may think your grandmothers chocolate chip cookies are the best, but you haven’t tried Levain’s cookies. These cookies are huge, gooey, and super chocolaty.

15. Cookie shots – Dominique Ansel Bakery

Who here loves to drink milk with their cookies? A nice cold glass of milk to wash down your chocolaty gooey cookie. Well this bakery has a two for one special. These cookies are formed in the shape of a shot and come with vanilla milk inside.

"Shauna Harlow" is a small town Rhode Island girl living in the big city. She is mastering in Fashion Marketing at LIM College and currently a visual merchandising intern with David Yurman. About me - I have loved fashion ever since I was a little girl so being in NYC is a huge accomplishment in my life. Adjusting from the peaceful quiet beaches of RI, to the busy streets of New York has definitely been a struggle but I love it more than anything. My obsession for food especially pizza is unreal and if you ever are feeling sad, go follow my food blog, @shitshaunaeats, it’ll make your mouth water! The quote that represents my life and I think everyone should live by is “Everyday is a fashion show and the world is my runway!” xoxo
Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.