5 Things to Do with Your Girl Squad on Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

February 14th is quickly approaching. A day that singles scroll through Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and look at all the flowers, candy, teddy bears and mushy captions that couples post all over the internet.

Some people like to call Valentine’s Day, “Singles Awareness Day.” Personally, I think that’s a little overrated. Now, put away those tissues, drop the box of candy and keep reading because Galentine’s Day is here!

Galentine’s Day is a special day where you grab your girls and spend the day or night doing something super fun. Now, don’t think of this as an “anti-valentine’s day” think of it more like a day of female empowerment. A day where your girl squad will feel as cool as the people in Taylor Swift’s squad (come on who wouldn’t want to feel like that?)

Who says you need to be in a relationship to have a good day? Here is a list of a few fun things to do with your girl squad on Galentine’s Day:

1) Go to Brunch

Who doesn’t love brunch? Grab some mimosas (or mocktails for my under 21ers) and have some girl time! Share the latest gossip and take some aesthetically pleasing Instagram pictures of your breakfast, you’ll have a great time, I promise.

2) Head to the Spa

It’s time to treat yourself.  We all live super busy lives so now is the perfect time to de-stress. Facials. Manicures. Pedicures, you name it.

3) Have a Movie Day

Watch movies at home with your squad or grab some snacks and hit the theaters. Some suggestions for movies at home, maybe Clueless or Mean Girls? If you’re hitting the theaters, the new Fifty Shades movie just came out, the perfect film for a girls day.

4) Get in the Kitchen

You don’t necessarily need to be a master chef, pull up your Pinterest and look up some fun DIY recipes! Blast some tunes and dance around the kitchen while you’re at it.

5) Have a Dance Party

You don’t need to go to the club to have a good time! Bust out some of your best moves and create a sweet playlist and dance around your house or apartment with your squad! Belt out your favorite T-Swift lyrics!

So, don’t get caught up in the Valentine’s Day drama this year. Start messaging your squad and plan that girls night now!

I am a third year student at LIM College studying Marketing with a concentration in cosmetics. I currently intern for ELLE Magazine and I love taking aesthetically pleasing pictures for my instagram! Follow me here: @niicoleheaney
Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.