Style > Beauty

3 Stunning Oscars Beauty Looks and How to Recreate Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

This year’s red carpet, on the film industry’s biggest night, was so reminiscent of old Hollywood glamor. From Nicole Kidman to Emma Roberts, many A-listers donned pouty red lips with lustrous dresses that glowed on Sunday afternoon in the city of Los Angeles. This season we’re seeing a repeat of the major comeback of the 90s in much of the looks last night. It would seem Hollywood is creating some serious throwbacks that perfectly complement each other. Keep reading to see exactly how to recreate these looks!

Emma Stone

This year’s winner of the Actress in a Leading Role category, the La La Land actress donned a brick red lip that matched her beautiful copper red hair and tinted pink cheeks. Emma Stone’s warm-toned look was created by celebrity makeup artist, Rachel Goodwin. The highly-coveted cosmetics brand, Nars Cosmetics was the star of the show in this fresh look with famous products like the Velvet Matte Skin Tint and Radiant Creamy Concealer for the base. The makeup artist also told Into the Gloss that an upcoming cult favorite product by the brand that will be available in Spring 2017, the Orgasm Liquid Blush. This product gave Stone the perfect hue without the hint of sparkle like its powder counterpart. With the Velvet Shadow Stick in Siros and Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia, the bronzed eye look aligned with the Audacious Lipstick in Mona (Into the Gloss). I personally love how easy it is to recreate this look and how Rachel chose colors that were natural and matched Emma’s color palettes. 

Nicole Kidman

Another red-carpet gem and no stranger to the Oscars is Aussie-native Nicole Kidman, the nominee for an Actress in a Supporting Role. As the new brand ambassador for Neutrogena, the 49-year-old actress was glammed up by Jeannie Lobell, one of the founders of Stila Cosmetics (ooh!). Lobell revealed the secret to her client’s coveted Oscar’s beauty look to beauty geeks. She dabbed onto many Neutrogena products like the Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint and Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer. The bright and fresh red hue on Kidman’s lips are none other than a concoction of Giorgio Armani #402 red lipstick with a dab of Neutrogena Hydrating Lip Shine in Deep Cherry on the bottom lip. Her rosy cheeks are by the Healthy Skin Blush in Rosy. Along with her goddess-like nude jeweled dress, Nicole’s look is super classic paired with the modern glamor look with natural and full brows with wispy lashes.

Emma Roberts

And I saved my ultimate favorite look for last with Emma Roberts, stunning the crowd with an old Hollywood waves and copper hair with a sultry look that impeccably paired with her maven dress. The Scream Queens actress had none other than Charlotte Tilbury apply her highly sought after cosmetics line. The ruby red lips are the Matte Revolution Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick in Red Carpet Red (how fitting, eh?). You can get your hands on this deep color yourself at $34. Not only did the color schemes match, her brows and eye look were also shaded with bronzed browns with red undertones that made the look really come full circle.

Beauty & skin care enthusiast, and training MUA on the side. From Bangkok, Thailand and based in Manhattan, New York. I am an international globetrotter with a profound passion for gastronomy and the film industry. Born in Thailand, grew up in Belgium, I have an immense curiosity for learning different languages.  Please don't be shy and find me on my social media platforms at @graceactually and don't forget to visit my beauty channel on YouTube!
Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.