The Unofficial Guide to MoCos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

For those of you who don’t know, MoCos stands for “morning cocktails”. MoCos are Lehigh’s unique form of tailgates during our football season. Instead of dressing up in school colors, the lovely shades of Brown and White, Lehigh students do something a little different. At MoCos, you will find students dressed in absurd, wacky outfits ranging from tutus to overalls to full-body costumes.

The MoCos festivities begin very early in the morning. Unlike at most schools where tailgates begin in the early afternoon, at Lehigh, students start the party around 10am. 

As an experienced MoCos goer, I have learned a few important rules to keep in mind that I would like to pass on:

1. The #1 rule of MoCos is: if you don’t dress weird, you look weird. You must dress up.  Not sure what to wear? Some great places to get the craziest outfits are thrift shops, Halloween stores, and places like Claire’s or American Apparel. But really, anything goes.

2. The night before MoCos try and get a good night sleep. Waking up early can be quite difficult after staying out late the night before, especially with a hangover.

3. Be sure to make the trek to Goodman Campus. One of the best parts of MoCos is when everyone gathers on the field outside the stadium before the game. If you are not too exhausted by the time the game starts, you should go. In addition, swiping your student ID to get into the stadium will give you priority for ordering tickets for the Lehigh/Lafayette game! However, keep in mind that the buses to get back down the hill do not run continuously throughout the game. If you are trying to leave early, you will have to wait until either halftime or the end to get home.  

Be safe, have fun, and GO LEHIGH!