Trend Alert: Waveborn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Trend alert: Watch out Toms .  Waveborn is a social good brand that is based out of Washington DC., Everytime a pair of Waveborn shades is bought, they donate a pair of prescription eyeglasses to someone in need through their partner, Unite for Sight. The founder and CEO, Jonathan Schilit, worked formally for VH1’s Do Something, but decided to make a bigger impact by creating Waveborn.

Over 158 million people around the world suffer from vision impairment; Waveborn is trying to solve this problem by donating a basic pair of eyeglasses to these individuals. Waveborn has partnered with the organization Unite for Sight. UFS works with eye clinics around the nation working to provide adequate eye care for underserved communities. UFS also provides eye care internationally to individuals mainly but not limited to India, Ghana, and Honduras.  Traveling to villages where they provide examinations, diagnosis, treatment and education. They also provide individuals with eyeglasses. By purchasing a new pair of Waveborn shades, Waveborn is able to donate a pair to these local eye clinics.

Waveborn shades come in four different styles that look great on both guys and girls. Another benefit is that Waveborn shades are high quality sunglasses that cost $65, about half the price of popular sunglass brands.

Waveborn is looking forcollege-aged students to rep the brand and spread the giving message.  Anyone interested in getting involved should email getinvolved@waveborn.com.  For any general questions go to info@waveborn.com.

In addition check out Waveborn’s Facebook page. For every 10 likes a pair of sunglasses is donated. http://www.facebook.com/Waveborn

If interested in buying a pair of Waveborn’s, getting involved or simply wanting to know more about Waveborn check out waveborn.com. Waveborn is also offering a ten dollar discount with the coupon code Lehigh22.