Survival Guide to Parent’s Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

As family weekend approaches, both new and old students might be wondering what they should do with their parents and siblings during those 2-3 days. Here are a few suggestions that may help get your weekend started!

1. Tailgate and attend the football game. Although mocos might be out of the question for some students and their families, it does not mean that you cannot enjoy your morning! This Saturday, Lehigh will be playing Fordham University at 12:30, which means that you and your family can enjoy a nice tailgate brunch beforehand. Make sure though that you or your family buys game tickets beforehand at the Lehigh Sports website so that you all can go together! Don’t miss this opportunity to rack up some football credit to get Lehigh-Lafayette tickets also!

2. Shopping in the Promenade. You’d be surprised that in only ten minutes by car, you and your family could find yourselves at a shopper’s paradise! The Promenade at Saucon Valley is a great outdoor mall with shops for all genders and ages. Some of the stores include Francesca’s Collection, Brook’s Brothers, Nestle Tollhouse, and Anne Taylor Loft.

3. Visiting the National Museum of Industrial History. Located at 530 East 3rd Street in Bethlehem, this museum educates the common individual on America’s industrial history, including Bethlehem Steel. Have you ever wondered what the steel stacks look like up-close? Go to this site and check it out!

4. Eat at a Bethlehem restaurant. After parking your car on campus, make sure to walk downtown to Fourth or Fifth Street to eat at one of Bethlehem’s delicious restaurants! Based on your mood and the time of the day, you can choose from a variety. My suggestion would be to eat breakfast at Blue Sky Café, have lunch at The Goose, and dine at Jenny’s Kauli for dinner!