Sorority Spotlight ’16-’17: Alpha Omicron Pi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.
  1. What makes your chapter special?

One thing that makes AOII special is that so many of our members join without knowing a lot of people and instantly feel welcomed and have a special bond with the rest of our sisters. “I can individually sit down for a meal with anyone in AOII and it’ll be like having dinner with a best friend every time.”

2. What is your favorite memory as a house?

One of our favorite memories is sitting in our TV on rainy weekends and watching movies together by the fire. What starts off as a few of us watching a funny movie quickly turns into 20 of us gathered around and laughing together.

3. What is your house’s favorite meal that your chef makes?

One of our favorite meals is definitely Taco Tuesday!! We also love all of the different soups our chef makes everyday – we look forward to it every meal!

4. What is your chapter’s philanthropy? What are your biggest events on campus?

Our philanthropy is Juvenile Arthritis. One of our biggest events on campus is our 50-Hour Seesaw event with Sigma Chi where we collectively seesaw for 50 hours straight and raise money for our philanthropies/a cause of our choosing.

5. What is your house’s GPA?

3.29467 after spring 2016 semester (waiting on current answer from fall 2016)

6. What is your house’s favorite tradition?

One of our favorite traditions is our overnight retreats. During New Member Education, our newest member class spends the night together with no interference and it is an amazing way for our sisters to connect and feel even closer with one another, and we have an entire-chapter retreat during formal recruitment where all members spend time together in a stress-free environment.

7. How do members deal with the financial commitment of being apart of Greek Life?

Our Leaders Council officers are always willing to help any individual in need and work with that member and one of our advisors to make sure the financial commitment is manageable, and if it isn’t manageable for any reason they will work extensively with them to figure out a plan of action that works for everyone.

8. What is the most important thing you would want a PNM to know before going through recruitment?

Try to have the most positive attitude possible! Keep your options open and go through recruitment with an open mind.