Revenge Recap Season 3 Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

While most of the world was watching the series finale of Breaking Bad, I was watching the third season premiere of ABC’s hit drama, Revenge. For everyone who missed the premiere, here is a recap of what you missed. 

What happened last season: Last season ended with many twists and turns, one of which was the big reveal to Jack that Emily is really Amanda Clark. Emily only revealed this secret to stop Jack from killing Conrad Grayson, since Conrad was the cause of Jack’s little brother, Declan’s death. Nolan is blamed for the bomb that was really Conrad and Aiden leaves town when Emily chooses her mission and thus Daniel over him.

Season Three Premeiere Recap:

Emily Thorne: Season 3 begins with Emily right back at her old ways, with her motive to take down the Grayson’s. In this episode she essentially takes down Ashely and ends Conrad’s political career. By poisoning Conrad at her memorial day party (with help from Nolan), she finds that he has Hutchinson’s diseases and makes it look like Ashley revealed this to the press as blackmail. Thus, she gets rid of Ashely and Conrad will most likely have to step down from office. Jack sees right through her and knows that she was behind Conrad’s collapse and gives her an ultimatum. So how does she respond and plan to stay longer than Jack’s limited time period? By telling Daniel she wants to get married this summer, specifically on August 8th as reference to the infinity symbol of revenge. Though sweet Daniel thinks she is doing this so that Conrad can be healthy at their wedding, she is doing this to show Jack nobody tells Emily Thorne what she can and can’t do.

Daniel Grayson: Happily engaged to Emily, yet unhappily unemployed after the loss of family’s fortune from the actions of Aiden. He reunites with old French friend, Margo who has moved to New York to start a branch of her father’s famous Parisian magazines. He seems distraught upon the news of his father’s illness and worries if this awaits him in the future. He is delighted to hear Emily does want to move the wedding to this summer, but not for the same reasons he wants to.

Nolan Ross: Always Emily’s trusting sidekick, is fresh out of prison for serving time for a crime he didn’t commit (like Emily’s dad). Now right back at it helping Emily take down the Grayson’s by landing from the sky at the party to provide her with the poison she used on Conrad.

Jack Porter: After the death of Declan and the reveal of Emily’s true identity, Jack abruptly left town with his son Carl. Upon returning he says he finally gets why Emily has done what she has done and begins to kiss her, showing the passion they have always shared because friends/more than friends since children. However, he coldly pushes her away mid make out to say he will keep her secret, but wants nothing to do with her. 

Victoria Grayson: Has been M.I.A. for the past 6 months because she has been bonding with her long lost son Patrick. She finally seems to be in a happy place and seem content and fulfilled from this new found love, however Charlotte spoils it by scaring Patrick off. Victoria being fooled by Emily, believes Ashely is the reason behind Conrad’s blackmail and teams up with Emily to finally get rid of Miss Davenport.

Conrad Grayson: After not being killed by Jack (thanks to Emily), Conrad has been loving upstate since he is now the governor of New York and has his eyes now set on the White House. At Emily’s memorial party where his portrait his revealed, he collapses during his speech and is later revealed to have Hutchinson’s disease. Though they tried to avoid it, this news gets to the tabloids and he fears he may have to step down from office.

Charlotte Grayson: Returning from Europe after the death of her boyfriend (Declan) and having had a baby, Charlotte seems older, wiser and angrier. She is no longer the sweet, youngest member of the Grayson’s, but now as manipulative and cold as her own mother. She finds Patrick and tells him that their mother ruins lives and that if Victoria doesn’t ruin his, she will make sure she does herself.

Ashely Davenport: Ashley is back and looking for cash, specifically all of Emily’s cash. However little Miss Brit gets screwed over when Emily makes it appear that Ashley revealed Conrad’s illness to the press and is forced back across the Atlantic for good this time. As Nolan stated “Ashley’s been Daven-deported”.

And there are some new characters that have appeared so far in season 3, both Patrick, Victoria’s son and Margo, Daniel’s French friend. We will see how they come up in the rest of the season.

The episode could not end without another character’s return, Aiden, who is now back to help Victoria destory the girl next door.  

Can’t wait to see what happens next week on Sunday at 9!  

McKenzie is currently a junior at Lehigh with a double major in International Relations and Spanish with a business minor. She loves being co-president of HC Lehigh and hopes to continue spreading the word about Her Campus all over Lehigh's campus.