Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Lehigh News

7 Steps to Be Fully Prepared for Registration

By Lauren Maida
April 11, 2014 - 2:14pm

What’s the most stressful day of the semester? Okay, besides exams… most stressful five minutes. Yes, Registration! I’m sure your nightmares of registration include sleeping on a computer in FML to beat the early morning computer rush and being forced into Woodworking 101 for a three hour class twice a week, yikes! Not to worry, with a little preparation, you can turn your registration nightmares into a scheduling home-run! READ MORE

HC Lehigh's Guide to "4 o'clock" Midterm Exams

By Laura Melone
April 1, 2014 - 3:38pm

It’s that time again.  4 o’clocks are just coming around the corner and you feel like your brain is going to explode from all the studying you’ve been doing. Tests can be stressful for anyone, especially when you go to Lehigh, but don’t fret. Here are the perfect tips you need to pass all of your exams with flying colors without going crazy.   READ MORE

7 Ways to Spend Your 4 O'Clock Study Breaks

By Lauren Maida
March 24, 2014 - 12:24pm

Library hours are extended, textbooks being cracked open for the first time in months… you guessed it, 4 O’Clocks are right around the corner again! If you had the willpower to fight procrastination mode, you can reward yourself with some time for study breaks.  A study from MIT (It’s not Lehigh, but I guess we’ll give them some merit) suggested the most efficient patterns for studying was 50 minutes of fully focused studying followed by a 5-10 minute break.  Of course we could just scan our FB, Instagram, or Twitter feeds, but we can do better than that for ourselves, HerCampusers! Here of some of my ideas for productive, but fun study breaks! 1. Clean Your Space READ MORE

Why Yik Yak Needs to End

By Lehigh Contributor
March 20, 2014 - 3:31pm

Dear Lehigh, I don’t know if you have heard all the rave lately but there is new app called Yik Yak which you can download on the app store (it’s free) and allows you to share whatever you want and is basically anonymous. This might sound like a cool idea at first, especially if you love twitter and want to share your feelings anonymously. However, it is not cool, in fact it is immature, callous and cruel to our community. READ MORE

Guide To Choosing A Major

By Laura Melone
March 18, 2014 - 10:52am

If you go to Lehigh, it’s likely that you have many interests. You were probably captain of your sports team, an avid member of the debate team, had an overwhelming amount of community service hours, and managed to find time to ace all of your exams. But, in college, sometimes you feel forced to do one thing and one thing only, and that’s your major. You have all of your extra-curriculars surround around this field of study. You only become close with the professors in this department (since, obviously, you’re fishing for that beautiful letter of recommendation that will land you that dream job). You even find yourself only going to the library with people in your major after a while. READ MORE

St. Fratty's Day At Lehigh As Told By Parks and Rec.

By Tiel Hardwick
March 11, 2014 - 3:25pm

It’s the night before and you’re obviously bursting with excitement   Because I mean, who can actually sleep when ST PATRICKS DAY festivities begin tomorrow morning?! 9 AM…Time to let the festivities begin. Your roommate suggests “Let’s take shots” Initially you regret this decision because, come on it’s only 9 AM   But let’s be real…there’s no stopping you now   READ MORE

What Are You Doing For Lent?

By Lauren Maida
March 6, 2014 - 1:37pm

It feels like Christmas was just yesterday, and now Lent is upon us! Lent is a religious season celebrated by Christians between Ash Wednesday (March 5th this year) and Easter! For 40 days and 40 nights, Christians traditionally give up something they enjoy, or do something to better themselves in order to prepare for Easter.  For those of you who don’t celebrate, it’s similar to a New Years Resolution!  You don’t need to be Christian to enjoy in the Lenten tradition, it could just be a good excuse to make some positive change in your life! Check out my ideas for what you can do during Lent this year! 1. Giving Up Sweets READ MORE

6 Best Sites for Spring Break Clothes

By Laura Melone
February 26, 2014 - 10:00am

The sun is starting to shine, the temperature is beginning to rise, and everyone on campus is constantly checking their computers for updates from JetBlue. It can only mean one thing: Spring Break is fast approaching! READ MORE

E.D.N.O.S

By Anonymous Lehigh
February 25, 2014 - 2:19pm

READ MORE

4 O'Clocks as Told by Friends

By Ariana Hewitt
February 17, 2014 - 10:00am

The night before your exam: When your friends are all out partying and you are studying: When you look at how many chapters you have to study, you’re like: READ MORE