MaryBeth Lyons: VP of Progamming for Panhel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

What is the purpose of Lehigh’s Panhellenic council?

Panhellenic is the governing body for all of the Panhellenic sororities on campus. We help to foster relationships between the sororities and Greek Life and provide the rules and regulations.

How can student’s join panhel/what are the different positions?

Seniors interested in being on the Panhellenic Executive board can apply now. Their chapter presidents should have the application. The application process includes a written application and an interview. The positions for next semester are:

• President
  • Executive VP of Administration  
  • VP of Recruitment
  • Assistant VP of Recruitment
  • VP of Judicial
  • VP of Finance
  • VP of Intellectual Development
  • VP of Campus Relations
  • VP of Greek Relations
  • VP of Marketing

What does your position entail?

I am the VP Programming. I am in charge of all the events that Panhel puts on throughout the year. I plan Greek Week, Women’s Empowerment Week and events during Pink Week and also pair with other organizations on campus to cosponsor events, like Dance Marathon in the fall.

What is the best part of being in Panhel?

The best part about being on Panhel is getting to know girls in other chapters better and forming relationships with them.  Also, being able to make changes in the sorority system.

Where can students find out more about Greek Life at Lehigh? 

Facebook:

Lehigh Greeks

Lehigh Panhellenic

Twitter:

@LUGreeks

@LehighPanhel

Instagram:

Lehighpanhel

Are there any events that Panhel will be hosting this semester?

We will be hosting several events for Women’s Empowerment Week, which will be the week of March 17th. Included in that will be Panhellenic’s first book club where we will be discussing Lean In. This is open to the entire campus community. We will also be taking part in Unity Week and the Slut Walk so watch out for those events this semester!