Kappa Delta Comes to Lehigh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

As I walk around campus lately, I have been seeing all over peoples backpacks and totes, the I ♥ KD buttons. KD, also known as Kappa Delta, is the new sorority currently in the process of colonizing at Lehigh. As most people have been curious to know how they are transitioning, where they are going to live, etc… Her Campus Lehigh decided to get the 411 on their recruitment process coming up next weekend.  

Here is a little message from the KD Leadership Development Consultants who are in charge of founding Kappa Delta here at Lehigh:

“Kappa Delta is thrilled to establish a new chapter at Lehigh University, and we are excited to begin a longstanding tradition of excellence on campus. We can’t wait to become a part of this prestigious and welcoming community, and are counting down the days until the process begins. The women that join Kappa Delta at Lehigh University will leave a lasting legacy on campus forever. They will be the first ever class of Kappa Deltas at Lehigh, the Alpha class!”

Below is a breakdown of KD’s fall recruitment (for sophomores, juniors and seniors) and how they will be involved in the spring with formal recruitment:

Recruitment weekend will begin Thursday, October 3rd with Open House hosted in M&M lounge and it is open invitation to all sophomore, junior and senior girls interested in becoming founding members of KD here at Lehigh. Then Friday, October 4th is the information session held in the basement of the UC and it will run from 10:00am-5:30pm every half hour. Then Saturday, October 5th up at Iacocca will be Preference round (by invitation only). Followed that evening by their Bid Night Celebration in STEPS.

You may be wondering who will be representing KD since Emily and Steffi (the LDC’s) can’t talk to all of these girls alone. Kappa Delta’s from Universities in the surrounding area will be assisting with the various round of recruitment. In addition, KD will be involved in formal spring recruitment and will be open to Freshmen and in the fall they will move into house 82, the former DG house.

If you are interested in joining Kappa Delta or know of anyone who would be interested in joining, you can log onto http://lehigh.kappadelta.org/ and fill out an interest form. The LDC’s Steffi and Emily are super sweet and encourage you to attend the Open Houses and information session, even if you are unsure because it is in no way binding and they would love to meet all potential new members!

PS. There national philanthropic organization is working with girl scouts. This means that there will be Girl Scout cookies on campus in the spring, so we can all thank KD for that amazing new contribution to Lehigh!

McKenzie is currently a junior at Lehigh with a double major in International Relations and Spanish with a business minor. She loves being co-president of HC Lehigh and hopes to continue spreading the word about Her Campus all over Lehigh's campus.