How To Look Your Best for Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Thanksgiving Break: the first time that most collegiettes™ go home, and the first time most college girls see their boyfriends, or even better, ex-boyfriends. We are all trying to look our best for Thanksgiving in order to impress these boys, and avoid housewives’s gossip about what college has done to us. We’re here to help with some ways to look your best in time for Thanksgiving.

Skin:

Stress really hits us this time of year, with all the exams that occur right before we head home for some turkey time. With stress comes breakouts, and here are some ways to look clear and fresh before you face the hometown.

• Switch your face wash.

We all have our favorite face washes, and it is scary to switch from that reliable wash that you’ve had for years. But, your skin becomes used to it and this face wash does not give its full effect after a while. Switching to a different kind will give your skin the wake up call that you need right before you see the ex.

• Drink water.

Water seems to be the answer to everything, but this is especially the case when looking for clear skin. Water adds moisture to your skin, which will get rid of rough dry patches.

• ALWAYS remove your makeup and wash your face before bed.

We’ve all heard this time and time again. Our mothers nagged us when we were in high school about taking off our makeup and washing our face before we went to bed. Well, now Mommy’s not here to remind us, and a few nights  a week we are probably going to bed not exactly in the right state of mind, if you catch my drift. This is no excuse. Not washing your face means that all of the bacteria and germs from throughout the day stay on your face. Yuck! After a long night at the library, or an even longer night at a frat party we know it is difficult to drag yourself down the hall to wash up, but this is absolutely crucial if you want to be shiny clean in time for Turkey day.

Body:

• Exercise.

This is obvious, we know. But if you want to avoid being the talk of the town on who has gained the freshman 15, exercise. Exercising will not only keep off weight, but it will help your mental health as well. So hop off the futon and hit the gym, ladies.

• Eat right.

We know you’ve heard this one a million times before, but we’re saying it anyways. Eating right will provide you with the vitamins needed to give you a healthy glow, and will keep off that dreaded freshman weight gain. We know this is easier said than done in a dining hall, but looking for healthy options is worth it, we promise.

• Dress well.

It is easy to throw on that big sweatshirt and leggings when headed out in the bitter November weather, but this may result in an unwanted appearance. Taking the extra time and effort to pull yourself together will show people that you are responsible, and have learned how to take care of yourself in college. You don’t have to dress up or sacrifice comfort, but just put a little extra oomph into your look.

These tips will not only help you look your best at home, but if you keep them up you will be returning to school looking better than ever. Happy turkey day ladies!