This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Why are college girls so excited about these? Cause we’re 90’s bitch[es] (as Icono Pop so eloquently put it).

Anyone who was born in the 90’s loves temporary tattoos. Dragon, Pokémon, mushroom… basically we all had the randomness selection of tattoos covering our bodies from the ages of 4-7. Finally the world has found a temporary tattoo that is socially acceptable to wear at a more achem mature age (cause tbh wearing a my little pony temporary tattoo might get some weird looks).  We love temporary tattoos that’s why ere all so obsessed with these. You’ve seen them in magazines, on celebrities (looking at you Vanessa Hudgens), at music festivals (Coachella was basically a photo shoot for Flash Tats), on people getting coffee and now they’ve managed to conquer the college bubble and arrive to college campuses.

The What: Flash Tats are basically metallic temporary tattoos that come in a variety of different shapes and designs. Some tattoos are meant to look like jewelry (they are advertised as jewelry inspired), causing you to take a second look to realize that is not a bracelet on the girl in your recitation but instead a gold chain tattoo, that that ankle glinting with metallic decal(s) is actually a intricate line. All over campus girls’ arms are adorned with stars, intricate triangles, cufflink bracelets, triple arrows… everyone is noticing these things (I mean its hard not to they are shiny).

The When: Each tattoo lasts for quite along time (around 5-7 days depending on if you scrub at it, how much you sweat…)

The Why: These tattoos are a perfect accessory to any outfit for any party. At Lehigh they can be spotted at parties, chains wrapped around arms, arrows placed provocatively on the body…. These tattoos are relatively cheap and are a great fun way to add to an outfit. I have had so many questions asked about what they are, where to get them and of course if they can have them. Friends have mine have been told they are “addicted” to them, never seen without one, their bodies covered. So here’s to finally bringing back the trend of temporary tattoos in a more socially acceptable version of the dragon and cartoon characters we used to adorn our bodies with and so what if some placement is a little risqué, its basically jewelry!

The Price: It can seem to be a bit expensive for a tattoo (around $20 for a pack) but I split the cost with 5 friends on my floor (we bought a few packs) and it was $10 each for basically an endless amount of these.

The How: Flash Tats can be bought online at the Flash Tat website (http://www.flashtat.com), at select stores (google to see if there any in your area) and on Amazon (obviously).

As Buzzfeed said they are perfect for those who “Have you ever wanted to get a tattoo, but thought there wasn’t quite enough *bling* about them? Perfect for people who lose their jewelry, or just find the stuff annoying.”

For more inspiration on how to wear them or just eye candy on these awesome accessories check out the Flash Tat instagram http://instagram.com/flashtattoos

McKenzie is currently a junior at Lehigh with a double major in International Relations and Spanish with a business minor. She loves being co-president of HC Lehigh and hopes to continue spreading the word about Her Campus all over Lehigh's campus.