Amie Diamond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Amie Diamond, a sophomore field hockey player here at Lehigh. You can find Amie actively running around campus as she is co-founder and president of Caring for Cambodia Committee and a member of the Global Citizenship program.

Name: Amie Diamond

Major: Undecided in Business School

Hometown: Hershey, PA

Hobbies: Field hockey and traveling

Guilty pleasure: Chocolate and Keeping up with the Kardashians

Favorite song: “Loca” by Shakira

Celeb crush: Joseph Gordon Levitt

Favorite place in the world: Rio de Janero

Best pick up line: “Do you have a band-aid, because I scraped myself falling for you”

If you could be one tv show character who would you be: Jess from New Girl

Something on your Lehigh bucket list: Beat Lafayette in field hockey

Why did you come to Lehigh: Because it is the perfect balance of academics and athletics and I loved the campus

Your favorite person in the world: My grandma

Cool fact someone wouldn’t know about you: My cousin is Mike Diamond from the Beastie Boys

What are you looking forward to in your future? I am really excited to be traveling this winter to India with my Global Citizenship program and expanding CFC into an integral part of Lehigh’s community. As well as hopefully winning the Patriot League in field hockey sometime in the future!  

What is Caring for Cambodia and how did you get involved? I heard about Lehigh’s partnership with CFC during a retreat for the Global Citizenship program and after hearing about the incredible things the NGO does, I became involved and co-founded the club on campus. In addition, I spent this summer in Cambodia learning more about how CFC directly is involved in expanding education throughout the country and it was an amazing experience. CFC so far has had a supply drive and a chipotle fundraiser last semester where we raised a lot of money. This Wednesday (October 9th) at 7pm in Neville we have movie showing of the film Girl Rising. I would highly encourage more of Lehigh to get involved in CFC and maybe you could possibly go to Cambodia as well!

McKenzie is currently a junior at Lehigh with a double major in International Relations and Spanish with a business minor. She loves being co-president of HC Lehigh and hopes to continue spreading the word about Her Campus all over Lehigh's campus.