This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Winter can be the absolute hardest time for girls to keep their skin glowing and hair shining. With the harsh cold and wind, your hair and skin are sure to suffer; but do not worry! With these four tips you can try to battle the winter months AND stay beautiful!

1.)  STAY HYDRATED. Make sure you are drinking at least 8 full glasses of water each day! This is especially important in the winter to keep your skin from getting dry. Another way to keep your skin hydrated and healthy is by applying lotion at least once daily. My personal favorite type of lotion is coco butter. It will keep your skin glowing!

2.)  DON’T FORGET YOUR HAIR. While drinking water will help keep your hair somewhat hydrated, it does not hurt trying a deep conditioner once every week or two. In the winter months my hair can seem so dull and frizzy so I absolutely love how shiny and smooth it seems after using a deep conditioner!

3.)  LIP BALM. Lips can get so chapped with the cold winds, so a good chapstick or lip balm is a must have. Whether you go with medicated, scented, or a slight tint of color, make sure to always have a nice moisturizing lip product always by your side!

4.)  BRONZER. Without the nice glow you get from being outside in the sun during the summer months, your skin can begin to look dull and pale. Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with being pale, there is also nothing wrong with having a little bronze glow. Just a little bronzer can go a long way to making your skin glow just as brightly as it does in August.

I'm Tiel, a sophmore at Lehigh University in the College of Business and Economics. Last year I joined Pi Beta Phi, and I have loved every second of it! On campus I am also involved in GEM, Marketing Club, and the America Reads/America Counts program.