4 Shows to Binge Watch This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

If you have a subscription to HBO, Netflix, Starz, or Showtime, and are in need for a good binge-a-thon, check out these shows:

HBO

True Detective

If you are into a good thrill, and a shirtless Matthew McConaughey, this dark drama will get you hooked. Follow the demise of a detective partnership and the horrific events in the deep south that split them apart. 

Netflix

Orange is the New Black

This hilarious series is about the struggles and controversies women face in prison. However, it gives an incredibly hilarious insight on many issues.

Starz

Black Sails

This is the sexier, more violent, and overall better version of Pirates of the Caribbean. Crews fight for the control of trade over a small island, and you see the internal communication between a pirate government.    

Showtime

Homeland

This series is several seasons in, but it connects to modern issues in the middle east that will make you think this actually all happened. Follow the CIA Agent Carrie Mathison and her turmoil with the agency as she tries to make the world a safer and better place, at all costs. 

Kat plays for the varsity Field Hockey team and is a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority. She likes to travel as often as possible and loves hanging out with friends.