Bright sunny skies and 20 degree weather bring out the summer clothes and the plans of picnicking in the grassy patch in front of the Union. The oh-so- delicious weather and the reluctance to wear boots under the hot sun gave me the brilliant (I’d say Einstein-ish, but let’s be modest) idea of digressing from my usual stalking of shopping sites for clothes to stalking them for summer footwear. Tell me about someone who doesn’t!
With the horrendous weather and pesky rain drops casting gloomy shadows on our summer spirits, HerCampus brings to you our favourite sandals/flip flops/ ballerinas for “gone-in-the-wink-of-an-eye but will be back” spring that gave us a delightful preview in the past few weeks, and the summer that we know is just around the corner!
1. These pale yellow peep-toe ballerinas from H & M would go best with blue denim shorts and a pretty smock. At just £9.99, I’d also buy them in the pretty rose pink colour they come in!
2. We’re bringing 80’s back with these funky espadrilles! They sure look comfortable, and would be perfect to show off that pretty pink French pedicure ASAP.H & M : £39.99
3. While we’re high up in the air in those espadrilles, let’s take a sneak peak at these funky blue and green stilettos from Zara @ £29.99. Also available in a snazzy purple & red combo.These would add the right bit ofspice to any LBD you have!
4. These minty green cutwork ballerinas just put a breath of fresh summer air through my closet! Sincere apologies for being so Zara obsessed, they were too pretty to leave out at £39.99
5. After putting us all in some serious shoe debt with Zara, we’re now back to something that’s on discount – marked down to £16. Yay Dorothy Perkins for combining bling with every girl’s favourite colour – pink!! Alternative colour options are beige and black.
6. Continuing in the vein of bling and discounts, these red metal trim sandals from Dorothy Perkins at £22.40 can replace heels for once!
7. Slightly bohemian looking, brown sandals are the way to go with just the slightest hint of bronze jazz to them. Wear them with flared print trousers and an off shoulder blouse to show off those sexy tanned shoulders. H & M @ £24.99
8. With all those pretty feminine sandals dressing up our feet, I totally forgot to include some lace-ups for those afternoons on the tennis lawns! Topshop has them at £18.00 in toffee orange, lemon and pink. Great, now I’m craving an ice lolly!
9. The lemon ice lolly brings us to another one of my summer favourites, classic cork wedges in a lemony yellow to go with that pretty white summer dress on an afternoon strolling through Clarence Dock whilst pretending to be Audrey Hepburn. New Look @ £19.99
10. A cheaper option to those Topshop lace-ups is the Plimsoles by New Look at £6.99. I think these are a great budget buy - also available in toffee orange.
11. Coming back to sandals, this snakeskin pair would go perfectly with just about any outfit. I was lost for choice with the New Look Knotted Toe sandals at £7.99. Pick any from black, white, oatmeal, tan, coral, yellow and gold or perhaps even all!
12. Caress your feet with luxurious chiffon tie sandals, with the cheetah print adding just the right tinge of meow to a plain black jumpsuit. New Look @ £12.99
13. How could I have gone on and on without even mentioning classic braided sandals? They’d go with jeans, shorts, dresses or even that bikini peeking out from the back of your closet! They’re real leather and available in black, tan, white and gold from New Look @ £14.99
So those were our Top 13 picks to spruce up your wardrobe and walk in style to the University or city centre for some more shopping ;) I know it’s an unlucky number for some, but who wouldn’t want these 13 gorgeous pairs added to their shoe collection?