This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Madrid shopping guide

It’s no secret that European capitals have always something to say about fashion. Madrid is living proof of this, with an increasing experimental and a minimalist style at the same time, it has all the ingredients to become a shopping paradise

Madrid is a modern and cosmopolitan city and is all that a fashion lover could ask for. From a vintage scene to the biggest Zara in the world, if you are interested in finding out where to bag a fashion bargain then keep reading….

Looking for something original? Malasaña

It is the modern district, which can also, been translated as the hipster one. It is the place to go for drinks and  for finding things that no one has.

The design stores, the reused Levi´s and the streets full of life and youth are here.

From “la plaza del dos de mayo” to Chueca, you will have a range of vintage places each one specializes in different things.

My favorite ones are two:

Flamingo kilo Madrid which is located on Espíritu Santo number 1, and have the best selection of dresses for 12€ per kg.

La Mona Checa, which is a beautiful store with the decoration of a circus, in Calle Velarde 2, in the same street you will be able to find a lot more.

Are you an Amancio Ortega´s lover? Gran Via

The tourist paradise, is home to all the low cost stores in the world that you can imagine, t is the Madrid equivalent to Oxford Street. It has the biggest Mango, PullandBear, Stradivarius, and Zara stores in the city. The good thing is that the buildings are beyond beautiful both inside and outside (the majority were old cinemas and theatres), the bad thing is that is always overcrowded.

Ready to take look on the fancy side? La Milla de Oro or Las Rozas Village

If you are as cool as a rock star and you want to buy luxury stuff, Madrid got your back, there is a district called La Milla de Oro (the golden mile) that is made for a fancy person like you.  Chanel, Loewe, Dior, Manolo Blahnik… Carrie Bradshaw´s paradise is a beautiful as it sounds and the best part is that it can be reached by subway.

The stops? Here is the list: Retiro, Serrano and Velazquez.

If you’re tired of looking at the designers clothes, I recommend you to have a break and go to Platea Madrid, the best place for a drink and a snack.

For those who are also fashion lovers but don’t want to get crazy with the prices, you have Las Rozas Village, a luxury Outlet Shopping destination. A beautiful outdoor commercial, in Las Rozas. Is true that you will have to catch the bus, but come on, who doesn´t enjoy Michael Kors collections with savings of up to 60%?

No matter what your style, if you’re a shopaholic then Madrid has something for you.

Enjoy your shopping tour!

And if you need any recommendation, just ask me, I probably will be there looking for more secret but fashionable spots!

Author: Silvia Calvo

All photos are authors own. 

Spanish girl living in Leeds and dreaming with Madrid. I study Journalism and Humanities, I am a fashion lover and that is why I'm here. Follow me on @silvis_cs