Her Campus Reviews: Pyramid Café’s New Menu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Her Campus Reviews: Pyramid Café New Menu

You may remember our review of Pyramid Café earlier this year. We were delighted to find a quiet spot to get a decent priced lunch on campus…

At first, I was a bit gutted to find out about the menu change. The old Pyramid menu was lush with their cheesy potatoes and fancy paninis. However, I needn’t have worried… Their new menu really embraces lunch on a student budget meaning you can grab a huge bowl of soup AND a toastie for £2.50… that’s cheaper than a meal deal!

Maybe even be the cheapest lunch on campus?

Before the menu switch up, Pyramid Cafe food was averagely priced and was really delicious. Their toasties were served on fresh baguettes with lavish fillings and their portions of soup heaty and filling. I’m happy to announce, their soup is still a huge home-made and although their toasties are less fancy, they’re still tasty, homemade and have a big range of fillings.

I for one, am dying to sample the mac and cheese toastie- sounds like the perfect treat for a dreary Monday lunchtime.

Another fab thing about the new menu in Pryamid is that you can swap out cheese for vegan cheese and bread for GF bread free of charge! 

All in all, I’d still definitely recommend Pyramid for a tasty, budget lunch on campus. You can always grab a seat (unlike most other places in the union) and they’re also really relaxed about you bringing your own food. Once the lunch time rush is over, it’s a really nice place to order a coffee and do some work.

So if you’re sick of forking out £6 for lunch in other lunchtime vendors on campus, then give Pyramid a go- you wont regret it. 

.