Fast Food Valentines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Fast Food Valentines

When you hear the words ‘Fine Dining’ and ‘Valentine’s Day’, the locations that immediately spring to mind are probably along the lines of The Alchemist, Crafthouse, Jamie’s Italian,  East 59th and so on.

2 places you probably wouldn’t think of are Greggs and McDonalds.

Well, think again.

This Valentine’s Day, for one night only, these two surprising spots are adding themselves to the list, opening their doors for a very special fine dining experience, hosting romantic candlelit dinners for two.

So, what can you expect?

Greggs

The ideal evening for lovers of Greggs’ incomparable puff pastry.

“We’re transforming selected shops into restaurants designed for romance, complete with mood lighting and music, roses, candles and linen tablecloths. Instead of ordering at the till, couples will receive first class table service in our take on a ‘fine dining’ Greggs experience.”

Four-course set menu

Bottle of Prosecco

£15 for two.

5 locations across the U.K will be opening their doors this Valentine’s Day (sadly this doesn’t include any of the 13 branches in Leeds)

• London – Stockwell – 312 Clapham Road, Greater London, SW9 9AE
  • Manchester – City Tower – 15a City Tower, Manchester, M1 4BT
  • Glasgow – Argyle Street – 172 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8ND
  • Newcastle – Grainger Street – 73/75 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5JE
  • Cardiff – Queen Street – 34 Queen Street, Cardiff, CF10 2BW

Greggs have partnered with online booking service OpenTable for this unforgettable experience. Reservations open 7th Feb.

McDonald’s

The Golden Arches of Maccy D’s are joining Greggs in opening their doors this Valentine’s Day, but the price will set you back slightly more than Greggs…

McDonalds boast 3 undisclosed courses simply described as ‘McValentine’s perfection’, and rather boldly, ‘the most romantic dining experience in history’.

Dinner for two will cost £20 for two.

Unfortunately, this year the experience is only available in Metrocentre Newcastle, so you and your date better get booking your train tickets now…

Email customerservices@akhanmcdonalds.com for bookings. 

By Laura Mavrias