This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Dining Out Blog: The Terrace Review 

As students, we all want to find ways to avoid the time consuming burden of cooking meals for ourselves and the dreaded task of washing up the endless amounts of pots and pans that follow. So it seems that more and more of us are delving into our student loans and splashing the cash on dining out. Whether that be an edgy top-end restaurant nestled in the Call Lane area of Leeds or a value for money bar in the centre of the Union, just a stone’s throw away from not only your accommodation but your lecture theatres too! If you have not guessed already, I am talking about the wonderful Terrace Bar! 

treat! Not only does this little gem offer a wide range of affordable food to cater for all dietary needs, (Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten free) but The Terrace also has many drink offers that you can enjoy, Cocktails 2-4-1, Monday – Friday, 5pm-9pm. 

Recently, I made a visit to The Terrace with one of my friends.  The management had kindly put a tasting selection together for us so we could sample and feed back to you guys about how yummy the food was !First of all, I have never been so full in my entire life! It was like food heaven!

The food appearing in these pictures are: the Terrace deluxe

Deluxe Baguette, the Piri Piri chicken burger, the TerraceBeef Burger, a sample of the fresh salad, the sweet potato and red onion burger, the root vegetable chips and potato wedges. In addition to this there was a large bowl of homemade nachos and to top it all off an After Eight cheesecake! And breathe!! 

It was fantastic to find out that Terrace uses locally sourced ingredients, including their meat which is bought from an ethically sound farm just outside of Leeds. It’s the little facts like this which make you appreciate the food even more, as you know you are eating something fresh and local that hasn’t been shipped from half way across the world.

My friend and I tucked into this mountain of food hardly speaking a word to one another, except exchanging the occasional ‘omg’ and ‘yum’. We started off with the Terrace deluxe baguette, which is filled with free range chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese and barbeque sauce, priced at an affordable £3.50, and for an extra £1 you can add chips and a large soft drink of your choice! Absolute Bargain! To make it even better, the average waiting time for baguettes, bagels and quesadillas is around 10 minutes so you can enjoy this beauty in your hour breaks between lectures!

A favourite of mine from The Terrace and which was luckily included in the selection of food we received, are the Root Vegetable Chips! Oh my, I could just eat these every day! Which would be more than possible as for only £2.50 you get a great portion of this delicious snack, so if you’re not feeling one of the main  meals or baguettes I would strongly recommend you get these! You will be converted for life!

With our stomachs at almost bursting point we crammed in the homemade nachos and just like the other food they didn’t fail to impress. Topped with guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream it was a serious flavour party. This would be a great dish to share with your friends over a drink or two after a long Monday lecture.

Finally having demolished the savoury selection, all that was left was to try the After Eight cheesecake. I was excited to sample this as I have never purchased a dessert from The Terrace before, but as I had already guessed it was amazing! I will definitely be getting this again and also trying the other desserts on offer, particularly the Fro-Yo! (£2.50)

I can’t praise The Terrace enough for the wonderful selection of food that they have on offer and which most importantly is so affordable. We are extremely fortunate as a University to have such a great place like this on campus and if you have not paid this place a visit yet you are SERIOUSLY missing out! 

One last tip is to make sure you familiarise yourselves with the offers… I bet you didn’t know that with a Fruity ticket from the Friday night before you can get a £1 discount off all breakfast on the Saturday morning! Perfect way to cure that dreaded Fruity hangover!

If you want to find out more information about Terrace’s menu, click the link below… http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/barsandclubs/terrace/

Keep your eyes peeled to find out where I’ll be dining next time.

Image Sources: http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/barsandclubs/terrace/terracebooki… pictures are my own.