Chilly’s bottles – A university essential? My experience.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Having experienced what seems to have been a bombardment of advertising on Instagram for this new water bottle and tireless pleas to ‘drink more water, Natalie!’, I decided to give the cutely packaged bottle a try.

Admittedly it was a little steep at £15 for the small version (260 ml) but I was determined to see if their claim to keep your water ice cold for up to 24 hours and warm beverages hot for 12 so I made the purchase of the Pastel Green bottle.

So far so good I’d say…

Good points:

• Does keep water cold and fresh for a full day of lectures and a 2-hour trip to the library.
  • Lightweight and compact to carry in your backpack with no leakages!
  • More environmentally friendly than buying plastic bottles daily which often go unrecycled and contain carcinogens when left in the sun too long which are bad for the body and makes your water taste like plastic.
  • Can drink hot tea during lectures which will also save you money in the long run – no need for that Café Nero purchase at Laidlaw Library!

Bad points:

• The user must remember to clean the inside of the bottle through the slim spout after drinking flavoured drinks or your water will taste like your previous drink.
  • If dropped, the metal makes a loud, attention grabbing noise which could cause a small proportion of the lecture theatre to think ‘what the hell was that?’ which could cause some embarrassment – as I know…
  • The price – there are some dupes of this water bottle out there if you feel the pinch, yet you might be compromising on the cuteness.

All in all…

I’m having a lovely time with this water bottle and it goes wherever I go. It serves me as a great pick-me-up when I have an early lecture and my morning tea can come with me especially when I’ve overslept. Most of all, it’s inspiring me to drink more water which was a big new year’s resolution for me!

By Natalie McNamara