Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Leeds Celebrities

Campus Celebrity - Alexis Lilith Starr

By Rosanna Pound-Woods
March 28, 2013 - 2:27pm

Following reports of assault towards her in the female toilets at Fruity, earlier this term, HC Leeds caught up with University of Leeds student Alexis Lilith Starr, a.k.a. Lexi.  She describes herself as an actively transitioning male-to-female transsexual, and was keen to talk about the process to HC Leeds readers. READ MORE

Helen Hoddinott – Head of News at LSR

By Helen Kelly
March 13, 2013 - 9:46am

Helen is a second year Broadcast Journalism student who manages to find time in her busy schedule to also take charge of the news at Leeds Student Radio alongside recent Campus celebrity and co-Head of News Jessica Bland. She works hard to find interesting news stories that affect you and your everyday life and keep you updated on what’s going on around campus. Her Campus caught up with Helen to find out how she got involved and what stories have caught her attention recently. READ MORE

Maya Domb - Activities Officer Candidate

By Emily Willson
March 6, 2013 - 6:26am

For most people, juggling being in their second year studying English Literature, as well as being Social Secretary for the Celtic Cheerleaders and being a committed member of both the Comp and Match squads, would be much more than they could even dream of fitting into their daily lives. But not Maya. She’s just embarked on perhaps her most challenging and time consuming tasks yet and is currently running to be Activities Officer of Leeds' student union. Being one of only two females running for the role you would think that she may feel a little intimidated by the men, but not this girl! We’ve managed to grab some time with the busy socialite to find out more about her campaign and why she needs your vote....

Alan Holmes - Welfare Officer Candidate

By Rosanna Pound-Woods
March 3, 2013 - 7:20am

Alan Holmes is running for Welfare Officer in this year's leadership race; Her Campus Leeds spoke to him to find out more about his ideas for a better Union. Voting opens Monday 4th March. Why have you chosen to run for Welfare Officer in this year’s leadership race? READ MORE

Lois Nuttall - Education Officer Candidate

By Rosanna Pound-Woods
March 3, 2013 - 7:10am

Her Campus Leeds caught up with Education Officer candidate Lois Nuttall to chat about her campaign, manifesto and why she's passionate about our education. Why have you chosen to run for Education Officer in this year’s leadership race? READ MORE

Sarah Plant - Community Officer Candidate

By Rosanna Pound-Woods
March 3, 2013 - 7:00am

Her Campus Leeds spoke to Plant to find out why she wanted to run for Community Officer and more about her campaign and manifesto. Why have you chosen to run for Community Officer in this year's leadership race? READ MORE

Thierry Ngutegure - Union Affairs Officer Candidate

By Molly Chappin
March 1, 2013 - 1:17pm

With this year’s leadership race just around the corner, HC Leeds met up with Thierry Ngutegure – one of the candidates running for Union Affairs Officer – to chat about his campaign and why you should vote for him when voting opens on March 4th. What made you first want to run for Union Affairs? READ MORE

Hugo Greenhalgh - Leeds Student Editor Candidate

By Rosanna Pound-Woods
March 1, 2013 - 12:56pm

Her Campus Leeds caught up with Hugo Greenhalgh who is running for Leeds Student Editor to speak to him about his manifesto, campaign and further plans. Why have you chosen to run for Leeds Student Editor in this year’s leadership race? I want to make Leeds Student an even better newspaper than it is already. I talked to lots of people about how I could improve upon this year and my manifesto reflects these ideas for change. How did you first get involved with the newspaper? READ MORE

Alice Smart - Education Officer Candidate

By Bryony Taylor
March 1, 2013 - 12:28pm

Alice Smart is a third year History and Social Policy student. She is currently campaigning in this year’s leadership race to help you guys with all things education. Alice is currently a student rep, and wants to share with Her Campus the ins and outs of her campaign. Voting for who you want to lead your Union begins on the 4th March. Hi Alice! Firstly, tell us a bit about you. What stage of education are you at? What do you study etc? READ MORE

Bradley Escorcio – Union Affairs Officer Candidate

By Helen Tytherleigh
February 27, 2013 - 12:37pm

Third year Politics and Economics joint honours student Bradley Escorcio is running for Union Affairs Officer in the LUU Leadership race. Her Campus Leeds caught up with him to talk about his campaign and manifesto. Voting opens 4th-8th March. Why have you chosen to run for Union Affairs Officer in this year’s Leadership race? READ MORE