Campus Celebrity: Lucy Clements

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

This week Her Campus caught up with the treasurer of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading society.

Name: Lucy Clements

Hometown: Peterborough

Degree: Maths and Economics

1. What made you want to become treasurer?Cheerleading is a really expensive sport so I wanted to become treasurer to reduce costs so that more people could get involved.

2. What’s the next step for the Celtics? What plans do you have this year?3 competitions and a showcase in the Edge in February! Come and see us!

3. What does your role involve? Budgeting, making payments and collecting fees. Although it sounds pretty dull it’s actually really rewarding.

4. How can students get involved?Match team is an open team where you don’t need any previous experience. They practice on Fridays and cheer for the American football team and basketball team. Go on, get involved and support your university sports teams!

5. What is your proudest achievement and why?Doing a back tuck basket – a move which I struggled with last year. (here is an example of a back tuck basket)

6. Her Campus prides itself on being written by women for women. What would persuade an undecided reader of ours to get involved?The website has lots of varied content which any girl can relate to and the society are a great group of girls and a lot of fun.

7. Do you have anything else to add?I’m a big fan of jokes- especially cheer related ones. Here’s one of my favourites!

“What is a cheerleader’s favourite cereal?”

“Cheerios.. mmm tasty!” 

Image source: http://www5.semo.edu/cheerleaders/07-08.asp