This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

This week Her Campus Leeds talks to Amy Reid, Social Secretary for the Trampolining Society!

Hey! So tell us a bit about yourself…

Hi, I’m Amy, I’m in my second year studying French and History and I’m from a wonderful place called Peterborough (the only thing people seem to know about it is that they’ve been through it on the train). I’m also a social secretary for trampolining! 

How did you get involved with the trampolining society?

I joined quite late in my first year; it’s something I did when I was younger so I thought university would be a good time to get back into it. I just went along to a training session and really enjoyed it so I thought I’d give it a go again.

What is your favourite thing about the society?

It’s a pretty small society so everyone knows each other and gets on well. The competitions are the best bit though – all the societies that compete during the day get together for a massive social in the evening, and the host uni takes us all on a night out in fancy dress. I feel sorry for whoever qualifies and has to compete the next day with a hangover and still covered in facepaint!

What’s a typical week like for you? 

There are two social secretaries on the committee, so we usually get on with planning and publicising our socials over facebook and at training. I try and do a bit of work for my degree from time to time too, which usually involves 70% stressing/procrastination and 30% actual work…

How can people get involved in the trampolining society?

Come along to the training sessions –Tuesday 7-10pm and Friday 10:00-12:00 at the Edge, Sports Hall 1 (*Shameless plug*). You can buy membership from the LUU website.

Anything exciting planned that we should know about?

Our next big event is the Manchester competition in December. We seem to have a fairly big team for this one, so we’re looking forward to some good results and a brilliant night out!

Anything else to add?

Trampolining is definitely one of the smaller societies at Leeds, but it’s also a good laugh and I’d definitely encourage people to join!