Bloke Blog – 27.02.2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Hello HC Readers, 

Apologies for the slight delay in writing for you all again…However all the comments, tweets and emails have uncovered many interesting questions for me to try and answer this time around – much better than me trawling through all the girl mags!

So firstly, how do you know when a boy fancies you? A good question and one that I’m sure plagues the mind of many a lovely Leeds girl. Whilst I cannot speak for all men in all situations, due to the inevitable quota of weirdos, I can provide a relatively fail safe rule of thumb to work on.

You may have already noticed – men are simple. We go after anything we think will make us happy. Sometimes this means sitting around in our boxers watching football for hours. Sometimes it’s about getting plastered and being a knob-head on a night out. When girls are concerned the same applies. If we fancy you, that means you make us happy, or at least we think you will in the future. So, anonymous commenter, you know if a boy likes you because, if he does, he will want to be around you as much as possible and consequently pursue you… By pursue I’m mainly referring to an obvious desire to spend more time together and not just a propensity to shove a tongue down your throat and take off your clothes. Obviously that’s part of it too though.

This brings me to the next question: can we stay friends after break up?? A tricky one. Simple answer again girls. No. The relationship probably ended because one of you wanted it to. A genuine and wholehearted friendship following this is not going to happen because of your shared history. What you could enjoy (endure) is an insincere civility between you, but what’s the point in that? If he is all up in your grill and wants to be bezzies after the split you should probably ask yourself whether or not he still wants to put his penis in your vagina.

Hope this has answered some of your questions and looking forwards to the next lot!!

Lots of love, your agony uncle.

Hannah first joined Her Campus as part of the Illinois branch as a writer during her study abroad year at UofI. While in the US, Hannah joined Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and subsequently began to write a weekly column for the Greek newspaper, The Odyssey. Now back home in the UK, Hannah has founded the first ever UK HC branch for her own university, The University of Leeds. She is in her final year of a Politics degree and is excited for the year ahead and what great things Her Campus Leeds will achieve. Outside of her studies, Hannah enjoys travel, fashion and being an alumni of The University of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading squad where she ran as PR Secretary for the committee during her 2nd year.