What Your Nail Polish Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Putting on your nail polish is the final step to making your perfect outfit complete. Whether you go with a hot pink hue or a more subtle nude shade, there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to your nail polish. The nail polish you choose can actually say a great deal about your personality and mood. So, keep these in mind the next time you reach for your Revlon!

Hot Pink – You are a true party girl! You love being the center of attention and enjoy getting to know new people. Whether it’s a night out on the town with your man or a movie night with your girlfriends, hot pink nail polish says “here I am and I’m ready for a good time!”

Black – The meaning behind this nail polish choice can be misconstrued. While many people think that black nail polish means your “emo,” it can actually be a sign of sophistication. Think about it, your “little black dress” boosts your self confidence and sense of style, why can’t your nail polish do the same!?

Red – There’s no debate behind this one. Red nail polish stands for romance, sensuality, and love. If you are going on a first date and have those first-date jitters, throw on some red nail polish. The hue will remind you to stay calm, confident, and the perfect amount of sexy.

Baby Blue – You are the girl next door. You are calm, easy going and innocent. This hue says you take the time to make yourself look and feel good, yet you prefer the simplicities in life.

Shatter – You love keeping up with the latest trends! This choice of nail polish shows you aren’t afraid to let out your inner party girl. You know what’s hot, you have the confidence to pull off the latest looks, and you don’t shy away from intimidating styles. 

What do nail polish do you prefer?