This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.
21 days ago I embarked on the lifestyle change of a lifetime. For the past few months I’ve been tackling inner battles within my mind on whether or not I should become a vegan. 

After witnessing Jay Z and Beyonce’s performance for the Gods  at the GRAMMYs, I decided it was time. Not only did they lose over a combined 100 lbs, but they were more energetic than ever and displayed luminescent and glowing skin. Additionally I felt as though veganism is the only diet I could transition into that would benefit more than myself. Countless animals could thank me later. 

These are the most important facts you need to know if you’re considering embarking on this journey of simultaneous confinement and freedom. 

1. A Vegetarian is NOT a Vegan
Whilst vegetarians can still consume seafood and dairy products vegans can not. This includes cheese, milk, and fish.

2. Drinking water, and lots of it, is vital. Vegans can become easily dehydrated due to the avoidance of many foods.

3. A good multi-vitamin is Key. Vitamins A, B, C, fiber, and protein especially will be difficult to get within the restraints of a vegan diet. Finding a good multi-vitamin is as simple as strolling the supplement aisle and making comparisons. 

With over 1 million hits, check out this video of Queen Bey and her hubby, performing at the GRAMMYs!