This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

It’s finally senior year. This is the time majority of us were waiting for to either show off what we accomplished or just to get out of school and don’t have to deal with it again. It is the time for some people to grow up, seek their dream job, start their career or prepare go to graduate school. For others, at this is point, its make or break it for lifelong friends. Life is just beginning when you became a senior; forget becoming legal to drink, you will have rent, loans, and necessities that have to be paid after you graduate.

1.     We are happy to leave.

When we were freshmens, we became so accustomed to the college life we had a lot of fun with friends and then we started our complaints about college. The fun brings out the best in you and you made friends for life, but the complaining about things brings the negativity to your school but who hasn’t done it. Sometimes complaining about things caused you to gain friends because they were complaining too! You probably said at one point as a freshman, “I can’t wait to get out of this school” and that became your motivation to finish without even thinking about it. So now that you’re a senior, it’s finally here your wish is almost coming true. 

2,  Loans, Loans, Loans… Debt!

So on the top of all our post-grad worries is MONEY.  Some people couldn’t afford to pay their full tuition, so they reached out for help, from state loans or tuition payment plans like Sallie Mae. All these places that once helped you are now going to come back to hunt you down for everything you borrowed. We have to deal with debt as soon as we leave, but at this day in age who isn’t in debt in America today? Everyone is in debt somehow so it’s a part of life we have to take on being an adult.  However, paying is the hard part especially if you scrapping up every last cent you own to pay back loans. There are ways to get out these payments especially if you have a public service job and a good career. Do some research and talk to financial aid about your situation. So don’t sell your car or give up that dream trip to Barbados after graduation you will make it!

3. Will I see you guys again?

During the time you were in college, you made life long friends that have become your second family. But the question is will I ever get to see them again? That, my friend, is up to you! Your friends are going to be scattered all over the country chasing their deams. So, it depends on your commitment to your friends and their commitment to you.  If you really bonded and love them then definitely make an effort to go visit after college, take a chance! If you had difficult times with them and they really annoyed you, you don’t need to visit because it means that you only tolerated those friends as much as you can! Keep in contact, that’s why Facebook, twitter, instagram, Skype and LinkedIn were all created.

4.  Moving out to the world.

After Graduation, we have the “proud family picture taking” moments , and thousand graduate selfies….  But what’s next? Moving out! Yes we have to move out of the college life and into the real world. Getting U-Haul’s trucks and boxes, we pack up our stuff to go either back to Mom and Dad or to some apartment you found on your own and we throw all our old stuff. You yell out “I did it” or “I’m finally out of here!”  But i guarantee in a few weeks you’ll be saying, “I wish I was a freshman again” and the beginning of reality will start setting in.  But don’t worry, your life isn’t over! You only just graduated there’s much more to explore.