Sam Hunt – Montevallo Album Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Take your pick: being a college football star and going into the NFL or pursuing a completely different career as a musician? The two might be equally difficult, but Sam Hunt made the decision to leave the pigskin on the field and picked up a guitar instead. Sam’s been in the country game for a while now, only, he was behind the scenes. He’s the writer behind the country hits “Come Over” by Kenny Chesney, “Cop Car” by Keith Urban, and many more. Hunt is the total package; 6’4, gorgeous, athletic, talented, AND he has a great fashion sense! His debut album, Montevallo, is currently #1 on the iTunes country chart and #2 on the overall iTunes chart. Sam’s type of country is different because he blends so many genres into his music. The beats are hip-hop sounding, while he sings pop melodies and has a country voice/lyrical content. This is the kind of album that you can play from beginning to end (which is what I’m currently doing) with no skips. If you’re not really into country music, Sam is definitely the artist that will get you on board. Here’s a link to my favorite off of Montevallo, “Single For The Summer” :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSDUzpnEhI&t=14m56s

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.