Red Carpet Recap: iHeart Radio Music Awards 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

TREND ALERT!

Unlike the Oscars and the Grammys, the iHeart Radio Awards didn’t have too many breath taking looks, but there was one top contender for best trend on the red carpet. Jumpsuits were the true star of the night. Jumpsuits. Jumpsuits and playsuits of all cuts, colors, and patterns could be seen throughout the red carpet and let’s just say, we were living for it.

Not only is a jumpsuit an all-in-one outfit, but with the right shoes and accessories it can work as a formal or a casual piece in your wardrobe. The idea of a jumpsuit or playsuit can be a little nerve- racking if you’ve never had experience with one, but once you find the right cut and style, you’re golden.

Three important things to remember when shopping for a romper:

1. Leg length

Make sure that if you’re going for a jumpsuit that the leg of the pants hits right at or just below your ankle. You don’t want the leg to be too long that it drags on the ground, but also don’t want it to be too short so that it looks like high- waters. Ankle cut is a common cut though, so they may be designed to come just above the ankle, in that case just make sure it looks right. As for rompers/ playsuits, just make sure your cheeks aren’t completely out.

2. Waistline

Where is your body getting cut off? Make sure the waistline isn’t too high or low for your body type. Jumpsuits are a great way to accentuate your curves. Be sure that the one you choose hugs the smallest part of your figure. For some it may be just below the bust, others may be at their true waistline.

3. CTC

There’s no other way to say this than be sure to check the camel. Make sure that your jumpsuit isn’t suffocating that area. Also be sure to check the  seams, if there’s one going up the center of the front, how visible is it? You don’t want to have camel toe and you also don’t want there to be an illusion that you have one.

Now that you have the basics, here are some websites with really cute jumpsuits and rompers that range from fairly inexpensive to a splurge item. I recommend going to the mall or your favorite store that carries jumpsuits and rompers (H&M, Forever21, and Urban Outfitters carry some cute ones) and try some on first, so that you know what to look for when looking online.

SheIn

Missguided

ASOS

(Images courtesy of etonline, perezhilton.com, fashion times, iheart.com, missguided.com, asos.com, and shein.com)

A tattoo loving, social media addict with a slight coffee addiction. Stay caffeinated.
Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff.