Quick, Fun, & Flirty Hairstyles – Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

What’s more important, the date or the hair? We say, THE HAIR! Stressed on whether or not you should just put a bag over your head when your hair is misbehaving? If that’s the issue and you don’t know which hairstyle suits you best for your Valentine’s Day date, we may have just a little recipe for success that will make you not only look sexy but make you feel fabulous!

The Super Chic, Super in Love, Super Low Bun:

• Comb out your hair and curl your hair into messy curls and waves, they don’t have to be perfect this is just done to give your hair some extra volume!
  • Push all your hair to one side; doesn’t matter which side it is all up to you.
  • Grab your hair and twist it in your hand to create a twisted like affect.
  • Once your hair is all twisted, twist it up in a circular motion until it starts looking like a bun.  At this point use bobby pins to hold the bun together. Put some bobby pins at the top and on the bottom, depending on how much hair you have.
  • Once this is done you can accessorize your bun like a flower clip or some pretty little jewel clips to give your bun that extra glam look.

The Get Swept Off Your Feet Pony:

• Comb out your hair and curl it into messy curls or waves, don’t worry about how perfect the curls are the messier the better.
  • Pull all your hair to one side. Also, part your hair in the front to the side; your ponytail is going to go for the side swept affect.
  • Once you have done all of this, take a thin hair tie and tie your hair up. Then, take a thin strand of hair from the pony tail and wrap it around the hair tie and clip it with a bobby pin to hide the hair tie.

If you want bigger curls or waves just curl your hair a bit more or tease the ponytail to give your hair that extra va va voom volume.

Now that you have mastered quick and easy, fun and flirty hairstyles, no need to stress! Remember it’s not all about your hair but spending time with the ones you love. Plus, we can promise that you will be the only one your sweetheart will be looking at on Valentine’s Day.

HCXO.

Christine Matos
Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33