#NYFW RTW Fall 2015: The Good, The Bad, and The Wearable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Fashion week in NYC has just ended and I’m here to show you a little bit of what you missed! 

The Good: 

1. Ralph Lauren 

This was probably my favorite collection out of them all! It was so fierce and empowering! 

2. Jonathan Simkhai 

I had never heard of this designer before but after seeing his new collection, I’ll never forget his name! The collection was cohesive but not boring at all.

The Bad: 

1. Marc Jacobs

I try to give all looks the benefit of the doubt, like maybe I hate the skirt a model is wearing, but the shoes or her hairstyle is super cute. Here, I’m not seeing any of the appeal. Brown isn’t my favorite color, if you couldn’t tell. 

2. J. Crew 

Don’t get me wrong, J crew is one of my favorite stores. I totally get what they’re trying to do here, but this sweater just doesnt work. I really like the non quilted part of the sweater, but the two textures just don’t match up. 

3. HBA (Hood By Air) 

Just no. Majority of collection is in my nightmares because of the models wearing stockings on their heads, but also the designs. HBA doesn’t always miss though; Kylie and Kendall have been seen rocking really cute HBA clothes. But this, among others in the collection, were less than marketable. 

Finally… The Wearable: 

1. Banana Republic 

Ladies, get your boyfriends to shop at Banana Republic in Fall 2015. Maybe he’ll start to look like the model! Maybe he won’t.

2. See by Chloé 

This is one of my favorite lines! So effortless and cool but still high quality and most importantly, high fashion! 

3. Jonathan Cohen

I love that this is edgy but still wearable even on campus! Well, maybe not the shoes. And maybe you can’t afford Jonathan Cohen’s peices because you are a broke college student like myself, but the sweater with a dress on top can be the new trend you rock in 2015! 

photos courtesy of www.wwd.com 

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.