New Music Friday: Army – Ellie Goulding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Ellie Goulding is getting ready to release her new album, Delirium, a follow up to her hit record Halcyon Days. Goulding has put forth 3 singles within the last month or so: “On My Mind“, “Something In The Way You Move“, and “Lost and Found“. Her latest single, “Army“, is by far the best. The song starts out with a cool guitar riff and clean vocals from Ellie, which highlights awesome lyrics co written by Savan Kotecha. Then, the beat drops. You’re instantly put in this inescapeable groove, swaying your body and nodding your head. THEN, comes a glorious, uplifting chorus, The chorus is such a change from the previous 50 seconds, which is why it works so well. Ellie’s vocal trills will make you reevaluate your life. People will be shocked to hear the runs in this song; she really is a fantastic vocalist. From then on, the song builds. In the final chorus, “Army” goes from great pop song to anthemic battle cry. Listen below: 

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.