New Music: DNCE – Cake By The Ocean

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

The middle Jonas Brother took his fans by surprise when over the weekend he announced his new venture, a new band called DNCE. The band consists of former Jonas Brothers drummer Jack Lawless, guitarist JinJoo Lee, Semi Precious Weapons member Cole Whittle, and Jonas as lead vocal. The NY radio station Z100 just premiered the band’s new song and I loved it so much that I was compelled to tell you all about it. If you’re expecting DNCE to sound like anything you’ve heard from Joe before, then you’ll be dissapointed. The band is funky, original, and exciting! True JoBros fans will be exstatic for Joe’s new sound. Finally he can stop “DJing” and do what he was meant to do: sing! I have a feeling this band will have both commercial and critical success. This was probably a leap of faith for all four members, but it may be the best desicion they have ever made. Listen to the new jam by DNCE, “Cake By The Ocean” below: 

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.