How to: Grow your hair longer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

How to Grow Longer Hair

1.     In order to grow longer hair, first you must start with a healthy scalp. Don’t wash your hair too often, or your scalp will get dry and your hair’s natural oils won’t be able to nourish it. Try washing every 2-3 days, and use dry shampoo in between!

2.     On the days when you do wash your hair, try a cult favorite shampoo and conditioner duo: Mane n’ Tail. Yes, these hair products are marketed towards animals, but they are also approved for human use, and they have rave reviews by people who swear they make your hair grow longer, stronger and healthier.

3.     There are a variety of pills and supplements out there that promise longer hair, but there are 3 key ingredients that you can find in any drugstore in the country. These are biotin, folic acid, and Vitamin B. These three supplements are key for stimulating hair growth. Always be weary of side effects though, so read up on these before you decide to take them!

4.     The last way to stimulate hair growth is a beauty secret that many people swear by. This process helps to stimulate blood flow to your scalp while also nourishing your existing hair. It has 3 steps:

·      Heat up castor oil, olive oil, or grape seed oil in a small bowl in your microwave, but make sure it’s not too hot.

·      Dip your fingers in the oil and distribute it through your scalp

·      Bend over at the waist so your head is upside down. Stay this way for 5-10 minutes (make sure to stop when you feel dizzy) while massaging the oil into your scalp. 

19. Junior at Le Moyne College. Obsessed with wine, friends, fun, and food.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.