The Fashion Transition… It’s All About Colors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Finally! The season of dry skin, bad hair, and pale complexions is coming to an end. But before you whip out the flip flops and send your Uggs packing, you may want to consider these spring fashion tips to make that awkward transition in between seasons effortless.  

This spring, bright pastel colors are taking over the fashion world.  To pull these colors off during that time in between seasons, you’ll need to balance it out with your favorite winter darks.

End the winter with a bang: a fashion bang. Say goodbye to the season that’s long overdue, but do it with style, while making a statement and having those around you envy your manner of welcoming spring this year. Make getting dressed this season easy and fun while letting your favorite colors shine through.  
By combining bright pastel leggings and chocolate brown boots, with a dark blue dress, this outfit is a perfect start for the new spring season. While still incorporating a fun, flirty color like “beeswax,” you’ll be sure to look super chic while letting those around you know that you’re more than ready for spring but aren’t being obnoxious about it.

You can have fun with this transition. Take what was once awkward to fabulous with the right balance of colors.  You can incorporate these spring colors with any piece of clothing.  Whether it is a dress, scarf, bag or jacket, it’s entirely up to you to create your own style—assuming that you’ll work winter’s infamous grays, blacks, browns and dark blues into your style as well.  You can be as dramatic or as subtle as you’d like with this spring’s colors. From “honeysuckle” to “silver peony,” this spring’s must-have colors give you a wide-range of options that are sure to satisfy every taste.