Conquering Valentine’s Day with a big Ka-Pow!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Written by Tiffany Howell.

Valentine’s Day Leftovers.  For the coupled up or the single ladies, there’s something to do all the time. Valentine’s day was not just about love for your significant other on that specific day. Keep spreading the love to your friends and family in small ways. It’s the thought that counts, and the small things that add up. 

To celebrate this love reeked day, it is simple, treat it like any other day, for one. It’s not like anyone is watching you to see what you do on Valentine’s Day, there aren’t any spies. Probably the only people that would ask are your friends. Half the time your friends will ask what you’re going to do on Valentine’s Day because they  don’t have anything to do either. That’s the next thing. Don’t sit a home alone watching lifetime movies and eating ice cream for the whole day because you will probably get mad at yourself later. Let your friends be your valentine, be proud. Make it a girls day, talk about guys, share secrets, get a sugar rush, watch movies with your favorite celebrities like Johnny Deep, Orlando Bloom, Idris Elba, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson and many more.

There is a variety of stores and other places open on Valentine’s Day. Even businesses treat it like a normal day (all they care about is the money anyway). You can treat yourself and a friend to the spa, get a mani/pedi, your hair done, or even go to the movie theater and watch a comedy if you like; it doesn’t have to be love related. Go to the county fair, rides some roller coaster, pump up that adrenaline! Visit areas you never been to (not alone though, please go with friends before you get lost), GO ANYWHERE! (Even if it’s just across the street). Just don’t be alone, crying on your pillow, in a random corner, saying stuff like “I’m the biggest loser in the world!” 

Do something nice for your family. Bake cookies, cupcakes, and a pie if you want. You can do what you normally do but just be a little nicer to express your love and appreciation for your family. Talk about old times just like on Christmas but instead of green, red, and white holiday colors being around you it’s pink, red and white. Hey, Grandma or Uncle Joe might even miss you that day!!

On Valentine’s Day, just because of the name, there will be parties for both singles and couples. Many people know that not everyone has a valentine so there are events being promoted for singles, like speed dating and online dating (which can be dangerous, so watch out). But then again who needs a date? Just hit the club with your buddies and have a great night. 

Don’t let idea of couples’ lovey dovey stuff bother you. It’s clearly a normal day for some people. Some people will showcase the idea of Valentine’s Day and others might even not care. You have to think in this way “it’s my life and I do whatever I please!” Just have fun!

Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33