Chris Brown- X (Album)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Chris Brown – X (album review)

With this album, Chris does not hold back on the hits. Because his singles were so spaced out due to things like jail time and court dates, we the people are lucky enough to have “Fine China”, “Love More”, and “Loyal” all on the same album. But let’s talk about some of the new stuff! “X”, which the album is named after, is the first track on the cd. It sets the tone for the album and it is Chris at his finest. Imagining all the dance moves he would perform while singing this song is almost too much to handle. “Came To Do” featuring Akon and “Loyal” were both produced by Nicholas Balding (www.twitter.com/nicnacbeats), which is probably why they sound identical. The lyrics of both songs are cringe worthy, so props to NIcNac for making a beat good enough to ignore them. One of my absolute favorites on the album is called “Do Better” featuring Brandy (yes, I said Brandy!) The two have worked together in the past but it was nice to hear their voices blend together once again! “See You Around” sounds like your typical Mumford and Sons stomp clap song. It sounds pretty much just like “Wake Me Up” by Avicci. The last track of the non deluxe album is “Drunk Texting” featuring Jhene Aiko; her voice is so small and sweet and understated! My favorite on the album is definitely “Stereotype”. I love the production, the concept, and yet again the potential dance moves that Chris will perform to this song! I truly hope Chris continues in the right direction, because he is too talented to jeopardize his career with things like jail time and court dates. X is available in stores and iTunes, so get your copy today!

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.