Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Le Moyne Blog

Dorm Décor!

By Erin Yackavage
April 8, 2014 - 11:39am

A nice looking dorm room is a productive dorm room, but who wants to spend a million dollars decorating a room you’re only going to have for 4 years? Once you graduate you really can’t get away with christmas lights hanging up all year, posters without frames on the walls or using the bean bag chair you just had to have as a freshman . Here are great ways to decorate your dorm while staying practical.

1. Wall Decals
READ MORE

Chelsea Reviews: 2 On by Tinashe feat. Schoolboy Q

By Chelsea Balan
April 2, 2014 - 4:01pm

Tinashe feat. Schoolboy Q- 2 On Review: The Zimbabwean and Norwegian 21 year-old singer and dancer Tinashe has an amazing new single featuring Schoolboy Q! Before this single came out, I knew of Tinashe from her appearance in a Proactiv commercial. The ad said she was a singer, but to my own loss, I never looked her up. In her new video, Tinashe shows off her killer dance moves and her potential to be the next R&B/Pop star. Although I feel like Schoolboy’s verse is unnecessarily vulgar, the song is still really catchy and stuck in my head! READ MORE

What to Watch: Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23

By Inez Timberger
April 1, 2014 - 7:27pm

READ MORE

BeBe Rexha - I Can’t Stop Drinking About You

By Chelsea Balan
March 26, 2014 - 9:24pm

Review:        Bebe Rexha is likely to be the breakout star of summer 2014. The Brooklyn bombshell is a songwriter, her latest hit is “The Monster” by Eminem and Rihanna. Bebe’s voice will also sound familiar because you’ve heard her voice on the EDM smash “Take Me Home”. Now, the songstress is releasing her own music! Bebe’s new song, “I Can’t Stop Drinking About You”, is a wonderful play on words, using techno beats and a simple chorus. This song has been stuck in my head for a couple days now, but its worth it! Have a listen!   soundcloud.com/beberexhamusic/i-cant-stop-drinking-about-y   READ MORE

Music Monday With Val: Carlito Olivero

By Valerie Proano
March 24, 2014 - 7:23pm

Happy Monday lovely ladies! Hope Spring Break treated everyone well and relaxed you all! I’m back again with Music Monday and for today I chose someone many of you might not know at all but that is what this blog is all about, introducing some new artists that you have never heard of that might catch your attention! The artist of the week is Carlito Olivero , a suave and soulful Mexican and Puerto Rican. If the name sounds a little familiar it is because Carlito was a contestant on X Factor last year, he finished in third place for the show’s third season.  READ MORE

Dorm Room Workout

By Courtney Williams
March 24, 2014 - 6:48pm

Everyone has those days where they just don’t want to go to the gym, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip out on exercising all together. Here are a few exercises that can be done from the comfort of your own dorm room, using little to no equipment.   Cardio: 1.     Jumping Jacks: This gym class staple has the potential to burn major calories. Try 3 sets of 50-100. These are best done during the day when you don’t have to worry about someone on the floor below you trying to sleep.    READ MORE

Allie X- Cash

By Chelsea Balan
March 12, 2014 - 12:58am

Allie X - Catch Review:   READ MORE

Vivaciously Vegan

By Jessica Cawley
March 7, 2014 - 4:44pm

21 days ago I embarked on the lifestyle change of a lifetime. For the past few months I've been tackling inner battles within my mind on whether or not I should become a vegan.    After witnessing Jay Z and Beyonce's performance for the Gods  at the GRAMMYs, I decided it was time. Not only did they lose over a combined 100 lbs, but they were more energetic than ever and displayed luminescent and glowing skin. Additionally I felt as though veganism is the only diet I could transition into that would benefit more than myself. Countless animals could thank me later.    READ MORE

Music According to Val: ZZ Ward

By Valerie Proano
March 6, 2014 - 3:21pm

Happy Thursday Lovies!    Hope everyone has had a great week so far, two more days until the weekend! Woo! So I’m back again bringing you a new artist to check out and her name is ZZ Ward. I discovered ZZ Ward a few months randomly while listening to the John Newman Pandora Station and I have been obsessed with her to say the least!  She sounds like a sassy female version of John Newman and a mix of Adele.   READ MORE

What To Watch on Netflix: My Week With Marilyn

By Inez Timberger
March 6, 2014 - 9:21am

What To Watch: My Week With Marilyn   Who doesn’t want to watch a movie about Marilyn Monroe?! She was perfect and gorgeous and fabulous. Michelle Williams portrays her. It is about her time in England making a movie. While there, she becomes involved with Colin Clark, played by Eddie Redmayne, who is an assistant director. He ends up becoming her confidant and lover. And of course, this causes trouble. The movie is based on the real life Colin Clark’s memoirs, The Prince, The Showgirl and Me and My Week with Marilyn, which document his time spent with Monroe.  Be prepared to feel fabulous after watching this and craving some more Marilyn Monroe! READ MORE