Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Le Moyne Blog

What to Watch on Netflix: The Ramen Girl

By Inez Timberger
May 3, 2014 - 3:54am

This movie is about a girl, played by Brittany Murphy, who is stranded in Tokyo by her boyfriend. Extremely upset, she finds herself at a ramen shop down the road from her apartment. She becomes enchanted by it and demands that the owners teach her how to cook ramen. It’s a great heartwarming movie.   (Side Note: Apparently making ramen is very complicated and traditional in Japan. It is not the throw in microwave variety Americans think about.)   READ MORE

Lily Allen- SHEEZUS

By Chelsea Balan
April 22, 2014 - 11:15pm

Lily Allen - Sheezus Review: READ MORE

Spring Date Ideas

By Courtney Williams
April 20, 2014 - 7:02am

With spring comes warmer weather, flowers, and sunshine, factors that contribute to a perfect day (or night) of romance with your significant other. But it can be a little hard to think of creative ideas for dates, and here’s where these fun ideas come in. Picnic-Pick a warm, clear day, grab a big blanket you won’t mind getting dirty, and plan a fun meal with your boy/girlfriend. Have fun planning the menu, whether it be a 5 course Italian dinner or good ol’ peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. READ MORE

Dorm Décor!

By Erin Yackavage
April 8, 2014 - 11:39am

A nice looking dorm room is a productive dorm room, but who wants to spend a million dollars decorating a room you’re only going to have for 4 years? Once you graduate you really can’t get away with christmas lights hanging up all year, posters without frames on the walls or using the bean bag chair you just had to have as a freshman . Here are great ways to decorate your dorm while staying practical.

1. Wall Decals
READ MORE

Chelsea Reviews: 2 On by Tinashe feat. Schoolboy Q

By Chelsea Balan
April 2, 2014 - 4:01pm

Tinashe feat. Schoolboy Q- 2 On Review: The Zimbabwean and Norwegian 21 year-old singer and dancer Tinashe has an amazing new single featuring Schoolboy Q! Before this single came out, I knew of Tinashe from her appearance in a Proactiv commercial. The ad said she was a singer, but to my own loss, I never looked her up. In her new video, Tinashe shows off her killer dance moves and her potential to be the next R&B/Pop star. Although I feel like Schoolboy’s verse is unnecessarily vulgar, the song is still really catchy and stuck in my head! READ MORE

What to Watch: Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23

By Inez Timberger
April 1, 2014 - 7:27pm

READ MORE

BeBe Rexha - I Can’t Stop Drinking About You

By Chelsea Balan
March 26, 2014 - 9:24pm

Review:        Bebe Rexha is likely to be the breakout star of summer 2014. The Brooklyn bombshell is a songwriter, her latest hit is “The Monster” by Eminem and Rihanna. Bebe’s voice will also sound familiar because you’ve heard her voice on the EDM smash “Take Me Home”. Now, the songstress is releasing her own music! Bebe’s new song, “I Can’t Stop Drinking About You”, is a wonderful play on words, using techno beats and a simple chorus. This song has been stuck in my head for a couple days now, but its worth it! Have a listen!   soundcloud.com/beberexhamusic/i-cant-stop-drinking-about-y   READ MORE

Music Monday With Val: Carlito Olivero

By Valerie Proano
March 24, 2014 - 7:23pm

Happy Monday lovely ladies! Hope Spring Break treated everyone well and relaxed you all! I’m back again with Music Monday and for today I chose someone many of you might not know at all but that is what this blog is all about, introducing some new artists that you have never heard of that might catch your attention! The artist of the week is Carlito Olivero , a suave and soulful Mexican and Puerto Rican. If the name sounds a little familiar it is because Carlito was a contestant on X Factor last year, he finished in third place for the show’s third season.  READ MORE

Dorm Room Workout

By Courtney Williams
March 24, 2014 - 6:48pm

Everyone has those days where they just don’t want to go to the gym, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip out on exercising all together. Here are a few exercises that can be done from the comfort of your own dorm room, using little to no equipment.   Cardio: 1.     Jumping Jacks: This gym class staple has the potential to burn major calories. Try 3 sets of 50-100. These are best done during the day when you don’t have to worry about someone on the floor below you trying to sleep.    READ MORE

Allie X- Cash

By Chelsea Balan
March 12, 2014 - 12:58am

Allie X - Catch Review:   READ MORE