Best Moments from the 2015 Billboard Music Awards!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

1. Taylor’s Takeover! #BadBloodMusicVideo

The Bad Blood Music Video opened the show last night and I was MORE than impressed! Since there were so many celeb cameos, I thought that the video had to be at least 15 minutes long for me to be satisfied. But once again, Taylor went above and beyond expectations and WOWed her fans. Adding Kendrick to the mix was a genius idea on both parts! Also, I loved all the references to The Fifth Element, it’s one of my fave movies!

2. One Direction thanks Zayn Malik

When the boys accepted their first award, Niall thanked Billboard and 1D’s intense fans. Liam, in classic Liam form, had something else to say. He thanked Zayn and called him their “brother”. Cue the tears. 

3. The hug.

Taylor, you win again. When Tay won her first award, she hugged all of her girlfriends, but saved the best hug for last. Calvin hugged Taylor like he never wanted to let go. He sort of kissed her neck and gave her a little extra squeeze, which sent the fandom into a frenzy! I genuinely hope this works out for Taylor; she and Calvin are extremely cute together.

4. Nick Jonas goes Back to the Future

I loved this futuristic performance of “Jealous”! The lasers, the lights, the cool silver jacket, it all worked! Not to mention,  Nick’s voice is flawless. I’m just so proud of how far he’s come. His first solo album was great, but no one took it seriously. This time around, Nick is finally getting the praise he deserves. He also just announced a new solo tour, so start saving up! 

5. Tori Kelly slays America

Tori is a POWERHOUSE and one of the most talented humans on Earth. I once had the privilege of seeing/hearing her live within 10 feet of her and that voice is the truth. I’m so glad everyone got to see her sing last night! Be on the look out for Tori’s debut album, Unbreakable Smile, out June 23rd. 

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.