5 Ways To Have Spring Break Fun in Winter Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

WRITTEN BY ShanaKay Salmon

As usual spring break time is upon us except it’s in the beginning of March where it’s 20 degree weather and the skies have unloaded inches of snow upon us. The question I am sure we all ask ourselves is, how do I make my cold spring break worth my while? Well below are five ways to ensure that you will have an amazing spring break even in this dreadful weather!

1. Make sure to meet up with friends that you haven’t seen in awhile. By doing this you ensure that you have people around to make it fun and it gives you the chance to reconnect with people that you may have lost contact with. Having people around you guarantees a very interesting time.

2. Keep yourself busy. Yes it is cold outside but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a good time. Plan activities that will keep you warm but also have the promise of a good time. Indoor activities could be bowling, roller skating, the movies, parties etc. Do not limit yourself. An event is only as fun as you make it.

3. If you are of age, go out to the bars with friends. A good drink, a tasty meal and compelling conversation go a long way.

4. Sometimes a night in does the trick. Invite your closest friends and have a night in armed with snacks, movies and fun games. There is nothing wrong with resorting to childhood antics to have a good time. Break out the twister and laugh your way through the most uncomfortable positions. I guarantee that you will have such a good time, you will forget all about your winter blues.

5. If all else fails and you just can’t deal with the cold, book yourself a trip to Sunnyville and enjoy the sunny beaches and tropical drinks!

Remember your spring break is only a week. Make it worth your time!

Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33