5 TV Shows That Need To Be On Netflix THIS INSTANT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Netflix is great…for the most part. Where it fails is the fact that it isn’t currently streaming THESE classic TV shows: 

1. Degrassi: The Next Generation

How can you not love this show?! From the first episode where Emma meets a pedophile in a chat room (remember those?) to the Rick-Jimmy-Spinner saga, to Emma getting MARRIED to Spinner, this show managed to combine excitement, real teen issues, and comedy. Everyone has a favorite degrassi episode(s)/character(s). I honestly can’t choose; I probably have two favorite episodes for each character. One thing I loved about this show is how it focused around one or two characters in each episode because you got to know the character more and it felt like you knew them. I get that Drake is a huge rapper now, but if I was him, I would talk about Degrassi all the time. It was so well acted and emotional and amazing and PLEASE NETFLIX. Do it for Liberty Van Zandt because she’s edgy and on fire.

2. Drake and Josh

Are you kidding me? How is this not already on Netflix? This show is such a huge part of my existence that if you don’t love it, we probably can’t ever be friends. For my current and future friends, here is Josh dressed as Queen Latifah. 

3. Sabrina The Teenaged Witch 

So many great things about this show. I love the first couple of seasons, because you have the classic 90s fashion/lingo, and you get to experience the whole “I’m a WITCH?!” phenomenon with Sabrina. Also, can we talk about how the theme songs for this show were SO good. *sings* Cuz’ I’m out on my own now, and I like the way it feels! Can’t forget the episode where she got to dance with the legend, BRITNEY. 

4. Sister Sister 

I’ve probably seen every episode over 50 times each? You could say that this was my favorite show when I was little. The girls got into so many hijinks and I loved the dynamic between Ray and Lisa. Ugh. It was, *Tina Turner voice* simply the best. Better than all the rest. 

5. Laguna Beach

So what if it wasn’t “scripted”, this TV show should still be on Netflix. If I could watch season 2 of Laguna beach every single day of my life, I would. Growing up, I lived vicariously through LC and her posse. And when Jason cheated on her, it was like he cheated on me. When he did that, I (Lauren) broke up with him and I (not Lauren) decided that I would date Trey instead and go to fashion school with him. But I still love you, Jason. Even though: 

Netflix, please get yourself together and stream these shows! 

Sincerely, 

90s Children

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.
Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.